Eddie Cochran The Early Years
- Released: October 20, 1992
- Label: Ace Records UK
- 1.Skinny Jim
- 2.Half Loved
- 3.Tired And Sleepy - (with Cochran Brothers)
- 4.That's What It Takes To Make A Man - (with Cochran Brothers)
- 5.Pink Peg Slacks
- 6.Open The Door
- 7.Country Jam (Instrumental)
- 8.Don't Bye Bye Baby Me
- 9.Slow Down - (with Cochran Brothers)
- 10.My Love To Remember
- 11.Latch On - (with Jerry Capehart)
- 12.Guybo (Intrumental)
- 13.Dark Lonely Street
- 14.Fool's Paradise - (with Cochran Brothers)
- 15.If I Were Dying
- 16.Jelly Bean
- 17.Bad Baby Doll - (bonus track, with Derry Weaver)
- 18.Itty Bitty Betty - (bonus track, with Derry Weaver)
- 19.Heart Of A Fool - (bonus track, with Jerry Capehart)
- 20.Instrumental Blues - (bonus track)
THE EARLY YEARS contains Eddie Cochran's early recordings under his own name along with his appearances on tracks by Jerry Capehart, Derry Weaver and as a member of The Cochran Brothers.
Personnel includes: Eddie Cochran (vocals, guitar); Hank Cochran, Jerry Capehart, Derry Weaver.
Includes liner notes by Rob Finnis.
Personnel: Eddie Cochran (vocals, guitar, drums).
Liner Note Author: Rob Finnis.
Photographer: Tony Barrett.
THE EARLY YEARS is an entertaining, if not exactly indispensable, collection of Cochran's pre-stardom material, including some tracks where he works as a sideman for other artists (Cochran was, as many have remarked, among the most studio-oriented of the first generation rockers). In any case, the songs here--recorded in 1956 and '57--mostly showcase him as a teenage rockabilly guitar prodigy, with a couple of exceptions.
"Guybo" (named after his bass player) is a three-chord instrumental featuring twelve-string guitar, twangy bass, and echoed handclaps. The whole thing sounds like a template for his breakthrough hit "Summertime Blues." Cochran also does a convincing Elvis on the suspiciously "Heartbreak Hotel"-ish "Dark Lonely Street," complete with hushed, echoed vocal.
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!