- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 21 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 20, 2010
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: Shout Factory Theatr
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary with cast and crew
- New worlds-producer Roger Corman, screenwriter Marc Siegler and director Bruce D. Clark discuss the origins of the film
- The crew of the quest-actors Robert Englund, Sid Haig, Taagge O'Connell and Grace Zabriskie discuss their experiences as crew members of the quest
- Planet of horrors-a detailed look into the creation of the film's memorable sets and alien landscapes
- Future king-memories of co-production designer (and future visionary filmmaker) James Cameron from members of the cast and crew
- Old school-a journey into the complicated mechanical and makeup effects with artists Allan A Apone, Douglas J White, Alec Gillis and others
- Launch sequence-co-editor RJ Kizer walks us through postproduction and a profile on composer Barry Schrader
- Theatrical trailers
- Extensive photo galleries including posters, production sketches and designs
- Original screenplay (pdf)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 10/21/1981
"...[The effects] are excellent across the board....The major scare scenes are well handled..."
Two astronauts on a spaceship rescue mission land on a dark and barren planet. There they encounter a foul, hell-born terror.
Astronauts land on a strange planet in order to rescue a stranded space ship. They are set upon by murderous aliens and must fight for their lives.