Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard (2-CD)
15 copies available
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 9, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Q - 2/96, p.1043 Stars (out of 5) - "...closed the chapter on Clapton as guitar hero and opened a new one as a hitmaker with a more relaxed and commercial style..."
Uncut - p.1724 stars out of 5 - "[T]he 1974 album on which Clapton rediscovered the primacy of music in his life. The result was a joyous collection..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1194 stars out of 5 - "A form-finding set, comedown as comeback."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Motherless Children
- 2.Give Me Strength
- 3.Willie And The Hand Jive
- 4.Get Ready
- 5.I Shot The Sheriff
- 6.I Can't Hold Out
- 7.Please Be With Me
- 8.Let It Grow
- 9.Steady Rollin' Man
- 10.Mainline Florida
- 11.Walkin' Down The Road
- 12.Ain't That Lovin' You
- 13.Meet Me (Down At The Bottom)
- 14.Eric After Hours Blues
- 15.B Minor Jam
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Smile - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Let It Grow - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Can't Find My Way Home - (previously unreleased)
- 4.I Shot The Sheriff
- 5.Tell The Truth - (previously unreleased)
- 6.The Sky Is Crying / Have You Ever Loved A Woman / Ramblin' On My Mind
- 7.Little Wing
- 8.Singin' The Blues - (previously unreleased)
- 9.Badge - (previously unreleased)
- 10.Layla - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Let It Rain - (previously unreleased)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes a bonus disc Live At Hammersmith Odeon, London.
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar, dobro); Yvonne Elliman (vocals, guitar); George Terry (guitar, background vocals); Albhy Galuten (piano, electric piano, clavichord, synthesizer); Dick Sims (organ); Carl Radle (bass guitar); Jamie Oldaker (drums, percussion); Al Jackson, Jr. , Jim Fox (drums); Tom Bernfield (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Scott Schinder.
After playing the 1973 Rainbow Concerts that were arranged by good friend Pete Townshend, Eric Clapton returned to Florida's Criteria Recording Studio to cut 461 OCEAN BOULEVARD. Because of a stint of personal turmoil, Clapton had not played guitar for two years preceeding the Rainbow Concerts, but with the help of a core group of musicians including George Terry, former Derek & the Dominos bassist Carl Radle, Jamie Oldaker, and Yvonne Elliman, Slowhand put together an album that many consider to be his best.
Focusing more on his singing than his guitar pyrotechnics of the past, the new, improved Clapton used a laid-back, J.J. Cale-type vocal style to great effect on a mellow version of "Willie And The Hand Jive" and Elmore James's "I Can't Hold Out." Far from being a kinder, gentler guitar hero, Clapton also showed considerable spark on a slide-drenched "Motherless Children" and the driving "Mainline Florida," which closes out the album. Of course, his cover of Bob Marley's "I Shot The Sheriff" was the musical statement that took him to the top of the charts and let the general public know he was back. 461 OCEAN BOULEVARD is still one of the highest points of Clapton's solo career.
The Color of Money (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.98 on SALE
Love We Make: A Chronicle of Paul McCartney's Cathartic... (Blu-ray)
$15.96 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 37 ratings.
Based on 37 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- "The Sound Of..." Series Tropical Rainforest (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE