- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 44 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 13, 2010
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Oscilloscope
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Note: Audio Commentary with Director Henrik Ruben Genz and Producer Thomas Gammeltoft
- Showdown between Genz and Author Erling Jespen on TV2*
- A Behind the Scenes look at Terribly Happy
- Botched Studio Interview by Genz and Jepsen*
- With an Exclusive Essay by Foster Hirsch
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Danish
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 02/05/2010
"[A] witty, expertly constructed psychological thriller..."
A.V. Club - 02/04/2010
"[C]inematographer Jorgen Johansson gives the movie a striking look, replacing noir's classic black-and-white with a contrast between reddish-brown and chilly blue."
Washington Post - 02/26/2010
3 stars out of 4 -- "[A] singularly accomplished bit of filmmaking: at once mysterious, darkly funny, tragic and yet perversely hopeful."
Chicago Sun-Times - 03/03/2010
3 stars out of 4 -- "Genz creates a distinctive look and feel in the film....TERRIBLY HAPPY at heart plays like a classic Western..."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2010
"Genz's tone never falters, down to the bitter end."
Temporarily reassigned to the provincial Danish town of Skarrild after being accused of professional misconduct in Copenhagen, a by-the-books policeman begins to sense that the hamlet has something truly sinister in its midst in this dark drama based on author Erling Jepsen's novel of the same name. Constable Robert isn't used to life in the country, so when he's first confronted by the small-town customs of South Jutland he begins to feel as if he's drifted into some kind of all-too-quaint alternate reality. But perhaps his suspicion that everything here is just a little too perfect isn't just the result of simple culture shock, because the more Constable Robert gets to know about his new surroundings, the more convinced he becomes that the community of South Jutland harbors a disturbing secret.
Battered Women |
Small Towns |