Barenaked Ladies Maybe You Should Drive
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 1, 1994
- Label: Reprise / WEA
- 3.These Apples
- 4.You Will Be Waiting
- 6.Everything Old Is New Again
- 7.Alternative Girlfriend
- 8.Am I the Only One?
- 9.Little Tiny Song
- 10.Life, in a Nutshell
- 11.The Wrong Man Was Convicted
- 12.Great Provider
Barenaked Ladies: Steven Page (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Ed Robertson (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, pedal steel, mandolin, mandola, banjo, bass drum); Andrew Creeggan (accordion, piano, hammered dulcimer, reed organ, keyboards, percussion, background vocals); Jim Creeggan (cello, bass, background vocals); Tyler Stewart (drums).
Additional personnel: Ben Mink (acoustic & electric guitar, violin, viola); Carolyn Ricketts (flute); Tom Keenlyside (clarinet); Kirsten Nash (saxophone); Paul Baron (trumpet); Colin Weinmaster (trombone); Neil Nicholson (tuba).
Recorded at Greenhouse Studios, Vancouver, Canada; Armoury Studios, Vancouver, Canada.
Recording information: Armoury Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Greenhouse Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Can't get enough of thoughtful lyrics, sweetly strummed acoustics, and charming, new-age guys? Barenaked Ladies' second LP, MAYBE YOU SHOULD DRIVE, embodies these pleasantries, but spices them with a handful of tongue-in-cheek jabs. The band's acoustic, jazzy music bops along as energetically as a Greenpeace canvasser in a newly gentrified neighborhood, but the lyrics read more like the interior monologue than the sales pitch.
Barenaked Ladies' lyrics stab at generational stereotypes, but are surprisingly quiet and radio-ready. The song "A" shows the band's goofiness in the midst of mockery ("'A' is for 'angry,' which you are at me," croons singer Steven Page, "'A' is for 'adult' which I'll never be"), while "Everything Old Is New Again" shows pop culture's need to repeat itself. "Recycle, reuse, regret, and refuse our parent's ideals and views," sings Page, and you can't help but be impressed. Barenaked Ladies have made the cliches of youth culture seems terribly hip and fashionable.
While not the teeming generational war-cry of early-'90s rap or alternative rock, the sociological observations of MAYBE YOU SHOULD DRIVE show the lighter side of twentysomething cynicism.
The Big Bang Theory - Complete 1st Season (Blu-ray)(1,188)
$12.43 Super Savings
Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits (1991-2001) (CD)(103)
$11.53 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 57 ratings.
Based on 57 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 6 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Funk, Volume 2: 12 Funky Tracks (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE