- Hilarious Alternate Ending
Smooth Operator Mini Documentary with Filmmakers, Cast, and other Celebrities
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Bonus Trailers
- Scene Selections
- Interactive Menus
- Languages: English (5.1 Dolby Digital), French (Dolby Surround)
- Subtitles: English, French
- Widescreen Presentation
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 19 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 23, 2004
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: This version has been digitally remastered for high-definition TVs.
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, French - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Jeff Pollack - Director, Takashi Bufford, Bootsie - Screenwriters, Jamie Foxx, Tommy Davidson, Viveca Fox - Stars
- Alternate Ending: Old Folks' Home
- Featurette: SMOOTH OPERATOR
- Interactive Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 03/14/1997
"...Moments of lewd hilarity..."
New York Times - 02/26/1997
"...Its bawdy sexual humor rarely flags..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 02/26/1997
"...One of the movie's positive qualities is its hearty equality of the sexes..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Jamie Foxx, Tommy Davidson, Vivica A. Fox and Tamala Jones star in this outrageous comedy about the one thing men and women both want: each other. After weeks of dating, Rushon and Nikki think they might be in love. And they know they're in lust. There's just one little problem: Nikki insists on double-dating with her best friend Lysterine on the night Rushon has reserved for romance. So Rushon brings his rude, crude, sex-obsessed best boy Bunz to keep Lysty busy, and turns Nikki's double date into a hilarious date with disaster.
A pair of friends out on a double date in New York's Chinatown run into a little problem after dinner--both of their lovely young women are ready to take things to a more intimate level, but neither fella has the requisite latex protection! Thus begins a series of misadventures as the guys hit the streets looking in vain for the goods to insure their "booty call" isn't a wrong number.
Big City |