Bryan Adams 18 til I Die
|You Save:||$1.10 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 4, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: A&M
Entertainment Weekly - 6/7/96, pp.57-58"...18 TIL I DIE is hackwork, yet hackwork so upfront about its intentions and so eager to please that it's hard to despise..." - Rating: B-
- $1.29 on iTunes1.The Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Do to You
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Let's Make a Night to Remember
- $0.99 on iTunes4.18 Til I Die
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Star
- $0.99 on iTunes6.(I Wanna Be) Your Underwear
- $0.99 on iTunes7.We're Gonna Win
- $0.99 on iTunes8.I Think About You
- $1.29 on iTunes9.I'll Always Be Right There
- $0.99 on iTunes10.It Ain't a Party (If You Can't Come 'Round)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Black Pearl
- $0.99 on iTunes12.You're Still Beautiful to Me
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Bryan Adams (vocals, acoustic, electric, & 12-string guitars, harmonica, handclaps); Keith Scott (acoustic, electric, 12-string & slide guitars, electric sitar, 6-string bass); Paco De Lucia (Spanish guitar); Mutt Lange (guitar, bass); Phil Palmer (guitar); Olle Romo (piano, keyboards, castanets, pads, percussion); Michael Kamen (piano); Dave Taylor (bass); Mickey Curry (drums); The Pointless Brothers (background vocals).
Le Petite Orchestre De Cannes: Edward Shearmur (conductor); Berhilde Dufoour, Ezther Biro, Laurence Rierat, Matgorzata Calvayral, Yannick Marcoul, Anne Saez, Elsa Benabdallah, Jean Marie Chavannes, Alice Pellegrin, Rachel Nativelle, Jerome Mege.
Producers: Bryan Adams, Robert John "Mutt" Lange, David Foster.
Recorded in Jamaica between winter 1994 and spring 1995 and Provence, France between fall 1995 and spring 1996. Originally released on A&M (540 551).
"Let's Make A Night To Remember" was nominated for a 1997 Grammy Award for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance, and "The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You" was nominated for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance.
Personnel: Bryan Adams (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harmonica, hand claps); Keith Scott (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar, slide guitar, electric sitar, 6-string bass); Phil Palmer, Robert John "Mutt" Lange (guitar); Paco de Luc¡a (Spanish guitar); Olle Romo (piano, keyboards, percussion, programming); Michael Kamen (piano); Mickey Curry (drums, percussion); Pointless Brothers (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Olle Romo; Bob Clearmountain.
Recording information: Jamaica (1994-1996); Provence, France (1994-1996).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Tom Mandel; Elsa Benabdallah.
On 18 TIL I DIE, Bryan Adams abandons the MOR ballad format that made him a household name, in favor of a raw, unfettered approach. With the aid of producer Mutt Lange (who adds some guitar as well), Adams has assembled a raucous group of songs high on energy and low on gloss. The majority of the tracks on 18 TIL I DIE are powered by heavily-distorted guitar and insistent drums.
In addition to his new predilection for raw-bones rockers, Adams seems to have developed an irreverent sense of humor; note the lascivious, offbeat lyrics of "The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You" and "(I Wanna Be) Your Underwear." In fact, his newfound lewdness might make this the first Bryan Adams album ever to be disapproved of by parents. Most likely, though, mom and dad will be pacified by "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman," the soft, romantic megahit from the movie "Don Juan De Marco" that is the exception to Adams' new rocking rule.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 45 ratings.
Based on 45 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Mathis The Best of Johnny Mathis (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE