- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 16, 2006
- Label: Universal Uk
Q - p.1584 stars out of 5
-- "[T]his was the album that confirmed ABBA as superstars...[It] captures all the glory and innocence of ABBA's wonder years."
Q - 9/01, p.1264 stars out of 5
- "...Represents their apex..."
- 1.When I Kissed the Teacher
- 2.Dancing Queen
- 3.My Love, My Life
- 4.Dum Dum Diddle
- 5.Knowing Me, Knowing You
- 6.Money, Money, Money
- 7.That's Me
- 8.Why Did It Have to Be Me
- 11.Fernando (Bonus Track)
- 12.Happy Hawaii (Bonus Track)
- 13.Fernando (Spanish Version) (Bonus Track)
- 14.La Reina del Baile (Spanish Version of Dancing Queen) (Bonus Track)
- 15.Conociendome, Conociendote (Spanish Version of Knowing Me, Knowing You) (Bonus)
- 16.Fernando (Frida's Swedish Solo Version) (Bonus Track)
- 17.Abba-Dabba-Dooo!! (1976 Television Special)
- 18.Dancing Queen (From the West German Television Special the Best of Abba)
- 19.Fernando (Top of the Pops, April 1976)
- 20.Happy Hawaii (Cartoon Version)
- 21.Dancing Queen Recording Session (Rare Glimpses of Abba Recording)
- 22.Abba in London, November 1976
- 23.Abba's 1976 Success
- 24.Arrival Television Commercial I (1977 Commercial)
- 25.Arrival Television Commercial II (1977 Commercial)
- 26.International Sleeve Gallery
ABBA: Bjorn Ulvaeus (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars); Benny Andersson (vocals, accordion, piano, keyboards, synthesizer, marimba, chimes); Anni Frid Lyngstad, Agnetha Faltskog (vocals).
Additional personnel: Janne Schaffer, Lasse Wellander, Anders Glenmark (electric guitar); Lasse Carlsson (saxophone); Rutger Gunnarson (bass); Ola Brunkert, Roger Palm (drums); Malando Gassama (percussion).
Recorded at Glen and Stocksund Studios, Stockholm, Sweden in 1976. Includes reissue liner notes by Carl Magnus Palm.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Jon Astley.
Includes bonus DVD/NTSC and six bonus tracks.
Personnel: Lasse Wellander, Bj”rn Ulvaeus (guitar); Janne Lindgren (steel guitar); Janne Kling (flute); Benny Andersson (keyboards); Roger Palm, Ola Brunkert (drums).
Liner Note Author: Carl Magnus Palm.
Recording information: Glenstudio (1975-1980); London, England (1975-1980); Metronome Studio, Stockholm, Sweden (1975-1980); Mike's Studio (1975-1980).
Arrangers: Benny Andersson; Bj”rn Ulvaeus.
Widely considered the Swedish foursome's first classic album--and historically important as the first to use the now-famous mirror-B logo--1976's ARRIVAL contains three huge hit singles, the dramatic "Money Money Money," the downcast "Knowing Me, Knowing You" and quite possibly the band's finest four minutes, the absolutely perfect pop classic "Dancing Queen," a combination of Spectorian grandeur, McCartneyesque melody and the indescribable vocals of Agnetha Faltskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad. The rest of ABBA's fourth album is strikingly consistent and accomplished, opening with the sly, bouncy "When I Kissed the Teacher" and closing with the atmospheric title track, making room in between for the three excellent singles and five other substantial pop tunes. Although three LPs and a greatest-hits compilation preceded it, ARRIVAL is aptly titled, as this album announces the band's move beyond bubblegum.