- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 27, 2010
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Arts Alliance Amer
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Healthy Recipes from Dr. Esselstyn's Book
- "Prevent and Reverse Heart Diease"
- Extended Interviews
- Extended Scenes
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Three people suffering from heart disease and diabetes decide to combat their disorders by radically altering their diets in this documentary exploring the possibility that simple lifestyle changes - not expensive surgeries and medications - could be the key to reversing the effects of deadly chronic diseases. Heart disease is the number one killer on America, but according to Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn of the Cleveland Clinic, it doesn't have to be that way. According to Dr. Esselstyn's studies, even the effects of late-stage heart disease can be reversed by switching to a plant-based diet. But if that's the case, why aren't doctors giving their patients information that could potentially save their lives' And why isn't the government working harder to keep the people informed' Follow Charles, Garnet, and John as they strive to lead healthier lifestyles by adopting an alternative diet that might just put them back on the road to good health.