ABBA Waterloo [Import Bonus Tracks]
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$12.25 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.74 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 25, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Universal I.S.
- 1.Dance - (studio)
- 2.Gonna Sing You My Lovesong - (studio)
- 3.Hasta Manana - (studio)
- 4.Honey Honey - (studio)
- 5.King Kong Song - (studio)
- 6.My Mama Said - (studio)
- 7.Sitting In The Palm Tree - (studio)
- 8.Suzy-Hang-Around - (studio)
- 9.Watch Out - (studio)
- 10.Waterloo - (studio)
- 11.What About Livingstone - (studio)
- 12.Ring Ring (Us Remix 1974) - (studio)
- 13.Waterloo (Swedish Version) - (studio)
- 14.Honey Honey (Swedish Version) - (studio)
ABBA: Bjorn Ulvaeus (vocals, acoustic guitar); Benny Anderson (vocals, piano, Moog synthesizer, Mellotron); Agnetha Faltskog, Anni Frid Lyngstad (vocals).
Additional personnel: Janne Schaffer (guitar); Christer Eklund (tenor saxophone); Rutger Gunnarson, Per Sahlberg (bass); Ola Brunkert (drums); Malando Gassama (congas).
Recorded at Metronome Studio, Stockholm, Sweden in 1973 & 1974. Includes reissue liner notes by Carl Magnus Palm.
Digitally remastered using 24-bit technology by Jon Astley.
German remastered reissue features the bonus tracks "Ring Ring" (1974 US Remix), "Waterloo" (Swedish Version), and "Honey Honey" (Swedish Version).
ABBA's second (and U.S. debut) album contains the American Top Ten title track, as well as "Honey, Honey," a minor U.S. hit that deserved better. This album is rather unusual in the group's output, however, for the fact that the guys are still featured fairly prominently in some of the vocals, and for the variety of sounds -- including reggae, folk-rock, and hard rock -- embraced by its songs. The reggae number "Sitting in the Palmtree" is quite remarkable to hear, with its perfect Caribbean beat and those radiant female voices carrying the chorus behind the beat. "King Kong Song" is a good example of hard rock by rote, going through the motions of screaming vocals and over-amplified guitar (courtesy of Janne Schaffer), although even here, when the women's voices jump in on the choruses, it's hard not to listen attentively; the quartet knew what a powerful weapon they had, but not quite how to use it. They get a little closer to their winning formula on the catchy, folky-textured pop song "Hasta Ma¤ana," which sounds like a lost Mary Hopkin number. "Dance (While the Music Still Goes On)" is on the money, as the embodiment of the Euro-disco sound that ABBA would move in the millions on their coming albums, although it also embraces a vague oldies sound, with a melody that is somehow reminiscent of both the Four Seasons' "Dawn" and the Beach Boys' "Don't Worry Baby." [Some reissues add eight bonus tracks.] ~ Bruce Eder
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.48 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 5 (2-CD) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- The Five Boroughs Doo Wop Under The Palms (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE