- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: April 18, 1995
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Rolling Stone - 8/10/95, p.60
"...does much to counter the notion that Abba's output was all light-weight pop..."
Entertainment Weekly - 4/21/95, p.57
"...The second greatest-hits collection in as many years out-distances GOLD by almost 50 tracks. What rescues this set from being a mountain of Velveeta is a groovilicious disc of unreleased and obscure B sides reaffirming the Fernando-loving Swedes' place in the pop music firmament. Fabbalous..." - Rating: A
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.People Need Love
- 2.Another Town, Another Train
- 3.He Is Your Brother
- 4.Love Isn't Easy (But It Sure Is Hard Enough)
- 5.Ring Ring
- 7.Hasta Ma¤ana
- 8.Honey, Honey
- 9.Dance (While the Music Still Goes On)
- 10.So Long
- 11.I've Been Waiting for You
- 12.I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do
- 14.Mamma Mia
- 16.Dancing Queen
- 17.That's Me
- 18.When I Kissed the Teacher
- 19.Money, Money, Money
- 20.Crazy World
- 21.My Love, My Life
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Knowing Me, Knowing You
- 2.Happy Hawaii
- 3.The Name of the Game
- 4.I Wonder (Departure)
- 6.Take a Chance on Me
- 7.Thank You for the Music
- 8.Summer Night City
- 11.Does Your Mother Know
- 14.Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
- 15.I Have a Dream
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.The Winner Takes It All
- 3.Super Trouper
- 4.Lay All Your Love on Me
- 5.On and on and On
- 6.Our Last Summer
- 7.The Way Old Friends Do
- 8.The Visitors
- 9.One of Us
- 10.Should I Laugh or Cry
- 11.Head Over Heels
- 12.When All Is Said and Done
- 13.Like an Angel Passing Through My Room
- 14.The Day Before You Came
- 16.Under Attack
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Put on Your White Sombrero - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Dream World - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Thank You for the Music - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Hej Gamle Man
- 6.Santa Rosa
- 7.She's My Kind of Girl
- 8.Pick A Bale Of Cotton / On Top Of Old Smokey / Midnight Special
- 9.You Owe Me One
- 10.Slipping Through My Fingers / Me And I - (previously unreleased)
- 11.ABBA Undeleted
- 12.Waterloo (French) / Waterloo (Swedish)
- 13.Ring Ring (Swedish) / Ring Ring (Spanish) / Ring Ring (German)
- 14.Honey, Honey - (Swedish version)
THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC contains 3 discs of previously released material and a fourth disc of demos and live recordings.
ABBA: Bjorn Ulvaeus (vocals, guitar); Benny Andersson (vocals, keyboards); Anni-Frid Lingstad, Agnetha Falksog (vocals).
Additional personnel includes: Lasse Wellander, Finn Sjober, Janne Schaffer, Michael Arkelew (guitar); Raphael Ravenscroft (saxophone); Rutger Gunnarsson, Mike Watson (bass); Ola Bunkert, Roger Palm, Rolf Alex, Per Lindwall (drums); Malando Gassamma, Ake Sundquist (percussion).
Producer: Bjorn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson.
Compilation producer: Chris Griffin.
Recorded between 1973 & 1982. Includes a 66-page booklet with photographs, a discography and liner notes by Stig Anderson, Fred Bronson, John Tobler and Denis McNamara.
Released at the height of ABBA's mid-'90s renaissance, when the Swedish foursome became fashionable again after years of critical and commercial neglect (thanks in part to films such as Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and Muriel's Wedding), THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC is a four-CD treasure trove of hits and obscurities. The fact that the fourth and final disc consists entirely of rare and unreleased gems should entice those who still own the band's original releases.
The first three discs--52 tracks in all--consolidate all of the group's chart-topping singles, adding the best of their album tracks and a handful of live recordings and alternate mixes. Disc four is an intriguing collection of demos, outtakes, and multi-lingual versions of popular singles. Exquisitely packaged and well annotated, THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC shows why ABBA is considered by many the pinnacle of '70s commercial pop.