Boozoo Chavis Johnnie Billy Goat (Live) (2-CD)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 31, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Rounder / Umgd
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Dance All Night
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Dog Hill
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Goin' To La Maison
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Oh Yeah
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Motor Dude Special
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Lula Lula Don't You Go To Bingo
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I'm Going To The Country To Get Me A Mojo Hand
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Lucille
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I Want To Go Home
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Tee Black
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Big Leg Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Who Stole My Monkey?
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Boozoo, That's Who!
- $0.99 on iTunes14.I Went To The Dance
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Paper In My Shoe
- $0.99 on iTunes16.41 Days
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Oh Black Gal
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Grand Mary's Two Step
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Valse De Derniere Fois
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Oh Bye Mon Neg
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Johnnie Billy Goat
- $0.99 on iTunes22.I'm Going Away To Stay
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Boozoo Chavis (vocals, accordion); Charles Chavis (vocals, rubboard); Carlton "Guitar" Thomas, Nathaniel Fontenot (guitar); Classie Ballou, Jr. (bass); Rellis Chavis (drums).
Producers: Terry Adams, Scott Billington.
Engineers: Tom Mark, Ed Eastridge, Tony Daigle.
Recorded at New Orleans Recording Company, Matairie, Louisiana in May 1993, Habibi Tempe, Lake Charles, Louisiana, on September 19, 1993 and Dockside Studio, Maurice, Louisiana in September 1998. Includes liner notes by Scott Billington.
Personnel: Boozoo Chavis (vocals, accordion); Charles Chavis (vocals, rub-board, background vocals); Carlton Thomas (guitar); Rellis Chavis (drums).
Audio Mixers: Chris Andersen; Steve Reynolds; Tom Mark; Tony Daigle.
Liner Note Author: Scott Billington.
Recording information: Dockside Studio, Maurice, LA (05/1993-??/1998); Habibi Temple, Lake Charles, LA (05/1993-??/1998); New Orleans Recording Company, Metairie, LA (05/1993-??/1998).
Illustrator: Christian Clayton.
Photographers: Jean Hangarter; Boozoo Chavis.
This collection is the perfect starting point for anyone not yet familiar with the wonderful magic of zydeco master Boozoo Chavis. It's drawn from his albums LIVE! AT THE HABIB TEMPLE, WHO STOLE MY MONKEY?, and BOOZOO, THAT'S WHO, along with three previously unissued performances from the live set.
Chavis is one of the key architects of what has become zydeco music today. He released the first record in the genre back in 1954 (the single "Paper In My Shoe"). After leaving the music business shortly thereafter, he returned to regular recording and performing in the mid '80s. With Chavis on accordion and vocals, his outfit is a rhythm machine--subtle tensions layer upon one another with ferociously unstoppable intensity. Chavis has managed to create a body of music that is at once fiercely idiosyncratic and invitingly alluring. There's not a note or beat throughout this whole anthology that's anything short of fully honest and committed.
Eat to the Beat: The Dirtiest of the Dirty Blues (CD)
$18.20 Super Savings
Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour: Best Of The First... (CD)
$14.84 Super Savings
A Fool To Care: Classic Recordings 1960-1977 (2-CD)
$19.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Cajun Classics: Kings Of Cajun At Their Very Best [Ace 2002] (CD)
$7.44 Super Savings
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE