Sherlock Holmes - Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace
|You Save:||$1.99 (10% Off)|
More products that might interest you:
- Sherlock Holmes - A Talk with Sir Arthur Conan Doyle [Paper-Sleeve] (DVD) ~ $0.49 (Save 84%)
- The game is afoot! Master criminal Professor Moriarty is seeking priceless gems once belonging to Cleopatra, and the World's Greatest Detective is on his trail!
Made in Germany in 1962, Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace is a motion picture anomaly - a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle adaptation purportedly based on the 1914 novel "The Valley of Fear" but closer in style to an Edgar Wallace thriller
- scripted by Curt Siodmak, a mainstay of the Universal horror classics of the 1940s and creator of The Wolf Man
- starring Christopher Lee (as Holmes) and Thorley Walters (as Dr. Watson), both veterans of England's Hammer Films, at that time the leading purveyor of fright films
- directed by Terence Fisher, another Hammer alumnus responsible for that studio's only foray into Sherlockiana, 1959's The Hound of the BaskervillesInterviewed for Scarlet Street magazine in 1991, Christopher Lee recalled: "I think that Thorley Walters and I made one of the best pairs in the Holmes stories. I was the right age, the conventional age for Holmes being around 40, and so was Thorley. He was a little bit older, but it worked very well, and facially we resembled both characters. We did the film in English, and for some reason, quite beyond my comprehension, when the film came out it was not in my voice!"
Sherlock Holmes and the Deadly Necklace is a must-see movie for all fans of mystery and horror.
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: Retro Media
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Senta Berger, Thorley Walters, Hans Sohnker, Ivan Desny, Leon Askin & Linda Sini|
|Directed by||Terence Fisher|
|Screenwriting by||Curt Siodmak|
|Story by||Arthur Conan Doyle|
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.