- Released: October 19, 1999
- Label: Strange & Beautiful
- 1.Bella by Barlight - (with John Lurie)
- 2.Car Cleveland - (with John Lurie)
- 3.Sad Trees - (with John Lurie)
- 4.Lampposts Are Mine, The - (with John Lurie)
- 5.Car Florida - (with John Lurie)
- 6.Eva & Willie's Room / Beer For Boys / Eva Packing - (with John Lurie)
- 7.Good and Happy Army, The - (with John Lurie)
- 8.Woman Can Take You to Another Universe, Sometimes She Just Leaves You There, A - (with John Lurie)
- 9.Sixties Avant-Garde / Sex With Monster / You Owe Me Money / Resurrection - (with John Lurie)
Original score composed by John Lurie.
Personnel: John Lurie (soprano & alto saxophones); Evan Lurie (arranger); Arto Lindsay (guitar); Jill Jaffe, Mary Rowell (violin); Curtis Fowlkes (trombone); Tony Garnier (bass); Douglas Bowne (drums); E.J. Rodriguez, Toni Nogueira (percussion); The Paradise Quartet.
Recorded in New York, New York.
John Lurie's soundtrack to the Jim Jarmusch cult classic Stranger Than Paradise remains among his best work; this cassette release also includes his adventurous The Return of Albert Ayler, making it an even better purchase. ~ Jason Ankeny