- Released: May 1, 1995
- Label: Pearl
- 1.Blue Devil Blues
- 2.That Too, Do Blues
- 3.Liza Lee
- 4.Now That I Need You
- 5.New Orleans
- 6.Exactly Like You
- 7.Boogie Woogie
- 8.Listen My Children (And You Shall Hear)
- 9.Good Morning Blues
- 10.Don't You Miss Your Baby?
- 11.Blues in the Dark
- 12.Sent for You Yesterday (And Here You Come Today)
- 13.The Blues I Like to Hear
- 14.Do You Wanna Jump, Children?
- 15.You Can Depend on Me
- 16.Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
- 17.How Long Blues
- 18.I Left My Baby
- 19.Blues (I Still Think of Her)
- 20.Take Me Back, Baby
- 21.Harvard Blues
- 22.I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town
Personnel includes: Jimmy Rushing, Count Basie, Lester Young, Bennie Moten.
Recorded between 1929 & 1942.
Personnel: Jimmy Rushing (vocals).
Recording information: 11/07/1956-07/13/1960.
For these sessions, from 1956-60, veteran swing/blues singer Jimmy Rushing is featured in eight different settings on 30 selections, including with all-star groups featuring trumpeter Buck Clayton, tenors Coleman Hawkins and Buddy Tate, trombonist Dickie Wells and pianist Ray Bryant. In addition, there are numbers with the Dave Brubeck Quartet, the Benny Goodman big band, and (on four previously unreleased songs) fellow singer Helen Humes and tenor saxophonist Ben Webster. Throughout the high-quality program, Rushing is heard in prime form. ~ Scott Yanow