Helen Humes Songs I Like to Sing!
Only 4 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: December 2, 1988
- Label: OJC
- 1.If I Could Be With You
- 2.Don't Worry 'Bout Me
- 3.Don't Worry 'Bout Me - (alternate take)
- 4.Mean To Me
- 5.Every Now And Then
- 6.I Want A Roof Over My Head
- 7.St. Louis Blues
- 8.You're Driving Me Crazy
- 9.My Old Flame
- 10.Million Dollar Secret
- 11.Love Me Or Leave Me
- 13.Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
Personnel: Helen Humes (vocals); Marty Paich (conductor); Art Pepper (alto saxophone, clarinet); Ben Webster, Teddy Edwards (tenor saxophone); Bill Hood (baritone saxophone); Al Porcino, Ray Triscari, Stu Williamson, Jack Sheldon (trumpet); Harry Betts, Bob Fitzpatrick (trombone); James Getzoff, Joseph Stepansky (violin); Alvin Dinkin (viola); Eleanor Slatkin (cello); Andre Previn (piano); Barney Kessel (guitar); Leroy Vinnegar (bass); Shelly Manne (drums).
Recorded at Contemporary Records' Studios, Los Angeles, California from September 6-8, 1960. Originally released on Contemporary (7582). Includes liner notes by Lester Koenig.
Digitally remastered by Joe Tarantino (Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: Helen Humes (vocals); Barney Kessel (guitar); James Getzoff, Joe Stepansky (violin); Alvin Dinkin (viola); Eleanor Slatkin (cello); Art Pepper (clarinet, alto saxophone); Teddy Edwards, Ben Webster (tenor saxophone); Bill Hood (baritone saxophone); Jack Sheldon, Al Porcino, Ray Triscari, Stu Williamson (trumpet); Bob Fitzpatrick, Harry Betts (trombone); Andr‚ Previn (piano); Shelly Manne (drums).
Liner Note Author: Lester Koenig.
Recording information: Contemporary Studio, Los Angeles, CA (09/06/1960-09/08/1960).
Photographer: William Claxton.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Jack Sheldon; Al Porcino; Leroy Vinnegar; Andr‚ Previn ; Ray Triscari; Art Pepper; Shelly Manne; Teddy Edwards; Barney Kessel; Ben Webster.
Arranger: Marty Paich.
One of the high points of Helen Humes' career, this Contemporary set (reissued on CD) features superior songs, superb backup, and very suitable and swinging arrangements by Marty Paich. Humes' versions of "If I Could Be With You," "You're Driving Me Crazy," and "Million Dollar Secret," in particular, are definitive. On four songs, she is backed by tenor great Ben Webster, a rhythm section, and a string quartet; the other numbers find her joined by a 14-piece band that includes Webster and Teddy Edwards on tenors along with altoist Art Pepper. This classic release is essential and shows just how appealing a singer Helen Humes could be. ~ Scott Yanow
Hands Off! 1950-1956 Modern Studio Recordings (CD)
$14.72 LABOR DAY
Rhythm 'N' Blues: Fine Brown Sugar (4-CD) [Import]
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE