- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 14 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 8, 2011
- Originally Released: 1931
- Label: Warner Archives Collection
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Didn't I just put you in Butch's car in that dame's outfit'... Well, I put somebody in there." (Lefty to Clipper)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Immortal film clown Buster Keaton ignites a big city free-for-all in this riotous "talkie" costarring Anita Page and Cliff Edwards. In a hilariously hapless attempt to collect the rent on one of his inner city tenements, wealthy uptown landlord Harmon (Keaton) is mobbed by unruly street urchins. But when he sets his eyes on Margie (Page), the beautiful older sister of a young tough named Clipper, Harmon forgets all about his rent money. Smitten by Margie, and suddenly imbued with the spirit of philanthropy, Harmon commences a sidesplitting campaign to "reform" Clipper and the rest of the street kids. Harmon and his faithful valet Poggle (Edwards) pull out all the stops to lure the kids off the streets -- and simultaneously foil the scheme of a local crook who also has designs on Margie.
As a hapless New York millionaire, Keaton falls for an inner city gal and determines to win her heart by saving her street urchin brother from a life of crime.
A millionaire comes down to the slums to collect rent on the buildings he owns and falls in love with the sister of one of the ruffians who beat him up. Resolving to help the kids in the neighborhood (and impress the sister as well), he finds himself caught in the middle of a gang that is using the kids to commit crimes.
Family Interaction |
- A Buster Keaton Production. "Sidewalks of New York," cost $276,000 to produce in 1931, and in its initial release, grossed $855,000, which was better than any of Buster Keaton's silent films had done. This, in particular, did not help Keaton in his arguments with the MGM-head-of-production, Irving Thalberg, that the studio was picking terrible projects for him.
- Released in the USA September 26, 1931.
This product is made-on-demand by the manufacturer using DVD-R recordable media.
Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) -
please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player.
These DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders.
To address this, the manufacturer recommends viewing this product on a DVD player
that does not have recording capability.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 23,540
- UPC: 883316399668
- Shipping Weight: 0.15/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item