Rainbow Catch the Rainbow: The Anthology (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.71 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.27 (36% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Man On The Silver Mountain
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Catch The Rainbow
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Tarot Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Starstruck
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Stargazer
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Light In The Black
- 8.Mistreated - (live)
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Gates Of Babylon
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Kill The King
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Rainbow Eyes
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Eyes Of The World
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Since You Been Gone
- $0.99 on iTunes3.All Night Long
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Weiss Heim
- $0.99 on iTunes5.I Surrender
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Spotlight Kid
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Can't Happen Here
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Jealous Lover
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Death Valley Driver
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Stone Cold
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Tearin' Out My Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Power
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Can't Let You Go
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Desperate Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Street Of Dreams
- 16.Difficult To Cure - (live)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Rainbow: Ronnie James Dio, Graham Bonnet, Joe Lynn Turner (vocals); Ritchie Blackmore (guitar); Mickey Lee Soule (piano, Clavinet, organ, Mellotron); Tony Carey, David Stone, Don Airey, David Rosenthal (keyboards); Jimmy Bain, Bob Daisley, Roger GloverCraig Gruber (bass); Gary Driscoll, Cozy Powell, Bob Rondinelli, Chuck Burgi (drums).
Additional personnel: Munich Philharmonic Orchestra, Bavarian String Ensemble, Japanese Symphony Orchestra.
Producers: Martin Birch, Roger Glover.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Recorded between 1975 & 1984. Includes liner notes by Jerry Bllom and Mark Welch.
Personnel: Graham Bonnet, Joe Lynn Turner, Ronnie James Dio (vocals); Ritchie Blackmore (guitar); Ferenc Kiss (violin); Ottmer Machan (viola); Rudi Risavy (flute); Max Hecker (recorder); Micky Lee Soule (piano, Clavinet, organ, Mellotron); David Rosenthal, Don Airey, David Stone, Tony Carey (keyboards); Cozy Powell, Bob Rondinelli, Chuck Burgi, Gary Driscoll (drums).
Recording information: Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan (02/20/1975-03/??/1984); Japan (02/20/1975-03/??/1984); La Chateau, Paris, France (02/20/1975-03/??/1984); Le Studio, Morin Heights, Canada (02/20/1975-03/??/1984); Maison Rouge Mobile Studio (02/20/1975-03/??/1984); Musicland Studios, Munich, Germany (02/20/1975-03/??/1984); Sweet Silence Studio, Copenhagen, Denmark (02/20/1975-03/??/1984).
Photographers: Anthony Loew; Jim Houghton; Fin Costello.
Unknown Contributor Role: Munich Philharmonic Orchestra.
Arranger: Ritchie Blackmore.
Released in 2003, the exceptional two-CD Rainbow collection Catch the Rainbow: The Anthology provides a deeper understanding of how the band influenced the direction of hard rock and heavy metal. Between 1975 and 1984, former Deep Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore guided his new band (which had dizzying revolving-door lineup changes) through visions of mystical heavy metal and polished, radio-friendly hard rock. Blackmore's employment of vocalists Ronnie James Dio, Graham Bonnet, and Joe Lynn Turner created three distinct periods, all of which Catch the Rainbow: The Anthology expands upon further than 2000's perfunctory 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Rainbow and 1997's stellar The Very Best of Rainbow. Indispensable songs such as "Man on the Silver Mountain," "Catch the Rainbow," "Stargazer," "Long Live Rock 'n' Roll," "Since You Been Gone," "Stone Cold," and "Street of Dreams" are included, of course. Other tracks that will enlighten Rainbow neophytes are "Sixteenth Century Greensleeves," "A Light in the Black," "Gates of Babylon," "Rainbow Eyes," "Eyes of the World," "Spotlight Kid," and "Jealous Lover." All the previously mentioned songs are excellent, but the two that fully showcase Blackmore's technical prowess are live epics -- the 13-minute, blues-oriented Deep Purple holdover "Mistreated" and the 11-minute "Difficult to Cure," based on Beethoven's Ninth Symphony and featuring the Japanese Symphony Orchestra. Although die-hard fans might suggest substitutions, it's hard to quibble too much about the song selection on a comprehensive two-CD, 28-track compilation like Catch the Rainbow: The Anthology. ~ Bret Adams
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.31 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Duke Ellington Duke's Mixture / At the Bal Masque (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists For Collectors Only - Rarities, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE