Queensrÿche Rage for Order [Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.35 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 6, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Walk in the Shadows
- 2.I Dream in Infrared
- 3.The Whisper
- 4.Gonna Get Close to You
- 5.The Killing Words
- 6.Surgical Strike
- 7.Neue Regel
- 8.Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion)
- 10.Screaming in Digital
- 11.I Will Remember
- 12.Gonna Get Close to You - (12" version, bonus track)
- 13.Killing Words, The - (bonus track)
- 14.I Dream in Infrared - (1991 Acoustic Remix, 91 acoustic remix, bonus track)
- 15.Walk in the Shadows - (bonus track)
Queensryche: Geoff Tate (vocals, keyboards); Michael Wilton, Chris DeGarmo (guitar, background vocals); Eddie Jackson (bass, background vocals); Scott Rockenfield (drums, percussion).
Recorded at M.D.H. Studios, Bellevue, Washington and Le Mobile Remote Sound Studio Mushroom Studios, Vancouver, Canada. Includes liner notes by Paul Suter.
Personnel: Geoff Tate (vocals, keyboards); Chris DeGarmo, Michael Wilton (guitar); Neil Kernon (keyboards); Scott Rockenfield (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Neil Kernon.
Liner Note Author: Paul Suter.
Recording information: Lacrosse, WI; Le Mobile Remote Sound Studio; M.D.H. Studios, Bellevue, WA; Madison; Mushroom Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; The Astoria Theatre, London, England.
Photographer: Moshe Brakha.
With its 1983 self-titled EP and 1984's full-length debut, THE WARNING, Queensryche began as a heavy metal band. But that wouldn't last for long--the members of Queensryche had always been admirers of progressive and art rock, and with the band's third record, 1986's RAGE FOR ORDER, Queensryche began merging its heavy rock with instrumental technicality and modern production techniques. Few other metal bands were challenging their listeners as much as Queensryche, and the group slowly built a hardcore following. Although it wasn't the commercial success that future releases such as 1988's OPERATION: MINDCRIME and 1990's EMPIRE would be, RAGE FOR ORDER is considered to be one of the group's finest by longtime fans.
The album's lone video, "Gonna Get Close to You," is a creepy tale of surveillance that remains one of Queensryche's all-time best tracks (strangely, it's one of the few tracks the group has ever recorded that it didn't write itself). Other standouts include the album-opening story of vampirism, "Walk in the Shadows," as well as such unusually titled tracks as "I Dream in Infrared," "Neue Regel," "Chemical Youth (We Are Rebellion)," and "Screaming in Digital." RAGE FOR ORDER set the stage perfectly for Queensryche's next release, OPERATION: MINDCRIME.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 93 ratings.
Based on 93 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE