Creedence Clearwater Revival Willy and the Poor Boys
|You Save:||$0.20 (2% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Bayou Country [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks] ~ $10.56
- by Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Cosmo's Factory [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks] ~ $9.99
- by Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Creedence Clearwater Revival [Bonus Tracks] ~ $9.99
- by Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Green River [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks] ~ $10.56
- by Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Pendulum [40th Anniversary Edition] ~ $9.99
- Clearance CDs with the ZHUS prefix may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: December 10, 1998
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Fantasy
Rolling Stone - p.744 stars out of 5 -- "[The album] upped the anger ante on 'Fortunate Son,' which rages against class-based draft inequality with rare, beat-driven fury..."
Blender (Magazine) - p.845 stars out of 5 -- "WiLLY AND THE POOR BOYS is their loosest and most class-conscious record."
- 1.Lookin' For A Reason
- 2.Don't Look Now
- 4.My Baby Left Me
- 5.Hello Mary Lou
- 6.Ramble Tamble
- 7.Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song)
- 8.Before You Accuse Me (Take A Look At Yourself)
- 9.Wrote A Song For Everyone
- 10.Ooby Dooby
- 11.Cross-Tie Walker
- 12.Lookin' Out My Back Door
- 13.Need Someone To Hold
- 14.Tearin' Up The Country
- 15.It's Just A Thought
Personnel: John Fogerty, Tom Fogerty (vocals, guitar); Doug Clifford, Stu Cook (drums).
Audio Mixer: Russ Gary.
Liner Note Author: Ed Ward .
Recording information: Wally Heider, Studio C, San Francisco, CA.
Photographer: Basul Parik.
Arranger: John Fogerty.
Opening up with the feel-good, down-home groove of the hit "Down on the Corner" and featuring all-out, belligerent roots rock like "Fortunate Son" and loose, soul-drenched instrumentals like "Side Of The Road," WILLY AND THE POOR BOYS is sensational from start to finish. Throughout CCR's brief career, their sound was a musical evocation of a mythic rural South, and WILLY AND THE POOR BOYS is arguably the most Southern-sounding of all their records. Even though this t10-song album is padded out with cover versions of such folk-blues standards as "Cotton Fields" and "The Midnight Special," John and brother Tom Fogerty's ragged electric guitar playing and the minimalist bass and drum work of Stu Cook and Doug Clifford make these well-known songs sound like Creedence originals.
Bayou Country [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks] (CD)(39)
$10.56 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 88 ratings.
Based on 88 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE