Woody Guthrie The Asch Recordings, Volume 2: Muleskinner Blues
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 16, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Smithsonian Folkways
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Muleskinner Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Wreck Of The Old 97
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Sally Goodin'
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Little Black Train
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Who's Gonna Shoe Your Pretty Little Feet
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Baltimore To Washington
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Rubber Dolly
- $0.99 on iTunes8.21 Years
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Sowing On The Mountain
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Bed On The Floor
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Take A Whiff On Me
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Stepstone
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Put My Little Shoes Away
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Hen Cackle
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Poor Boy
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Stackolee
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Johnny Hart
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Worried Man Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes19.Danville Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Gambling Man
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Rye Straw
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Crawdad Song
- $0.99 on iTunes23.Ida Red
- $0.99 on iTunes24.Keep My Skillet Good And Greasy
- $0.99 on iTunes25.Train 45
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Also available as part of a box set on Folkways (40112).
Personnel: Woody Guthrie (vocals, guitar, mandolin, fiddle); Cisco Houston (vocals, guitar); Butch Hawes (guitar); Bess Lomax Hawes (mandolin, background vocals); Pete Seeger (banjo); Sonny Terry (harmonica).
Compilation producers: Jeff Place, Guy Logsdon.
Recorded in New York, New York between 1944 and 1947. Includes liner notes by Guy Logsdon and Jeff Place.
Personnel: Woody Guthrie (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Authors: Guy Logsdon; Jeff Place.
Recording information: New York, NY (1944-1947).
Editor: Carla Borden.
Photographer: Guy Logsdon.
Moses Asch was not only the founder of Folkways Records, but also a tireless preserver of traditional folk idioms and performers. Like John and Alan Lomax, he often traveled the country making field recordings of traditional folk songs, often along with reminiscences and anecdotes by the performers. By the time these recordings were made in a New York studio in the mid-'40s, Woody Guthrie was not only already a well-known performer and songwriter, he was nearing the end of his public career due to failing health. However, Asch treated these sessions just as he did his field recordings, neither adding to or taking from these classic songs as Guthrie chose to record them. Sometimes solo, sometimes with the backing of folks like Brownie McGhee, Sorry Terry, Pete Seeger, and Cisco Houston, Guthrie performs folk and blues standards with his characteristic dry wit and unerring gift for interpretation. This collection is essential.
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD) Bestseller
$2.98 on SALE
Down the Tracks: The Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 1-4 (CD) Bestseller
$7.49 on SALE
The King of Country Music: The Complete Foundation... (CD)
$251.09 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD)
$1.98 on SALE
But What Will The Neighbors Think / Rodney Crowell (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE