? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings)
|You Save:||$5.94 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
They got their first taste of fame in the mid-60s with a #1 hit, then re-formed in the late '90s and were promptly voted "Best Live Band of 1998" by Rolling Stone Magazine. This collection is, without question, one of the finest reunion albums ever recorded and features studio versions of all their classic songs including their #1 million seller from 1966 - "96 Tears".
NME (Magazine) - 9/18/93, p.36"...this reunion bash...captures much of their garage grime and psychedelic sleaze perfectly..."
- 1.96 Tears
- 2.Midnight Hour
- 3.I Need Somebody
- 4."8" Teen
- 6.Got To
- 7.Do Something To Me
- 8.Stormy Monday
- 9.Up Side
- 10.Don't Break This Heart Of Mine
- 11.Ten O'Clock
- 12.Why Me
- 13.You're Telling Me Lies
- 14.Don't Tease Me
- 15.Set Aside
- 16.Make You Mine
? & The Mysterians: Question Mark, Robert Balderrama, Frank Rodriguez, Frank Lugo, Robert Martinez.
Liner Note Author: Harry Young.
Recording information: Bay City, MI (07/17/1997-07/25/1997); Bull Frog Recording Studios Bay (07/17/1997-07/25/1997).
Photographers: Thomas Kaekel; Stephen Kaplan.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Robert Martinez; Robert Balderrama; ? & the Mysterians; Frank Rodriguez; Frank Lugo.
Arranger: David Graham.
Since the rights to the original 96 Tears album and singles have been held in limbo, fans have to be content with records like ? & the Mysterians featuring 96 Tears, a collection of re-recordings by the original lineup that was recorded in 1997 -- 31 years after their one hit topped the charts. Surprisingly, the group sounds tough, dynamic, and exciting -- it's easy to tell that this is not the same group of young garage punks from the mid-'60s, but these guys can still kick hard, which is what makes the record worthwhile for die-hard garage freaks. In addition to "96 Tears," the album also features Mysterians classics like "I Need Somebody," "'8' Teen," "Smokes," "Up Side," "Stormy Monday," "Make You Mine," "Got To," "Don't Tease Me" and "You're Telling Me Lies." ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Manfred MannManfred Mann Album / My Little Red Book of Winners (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 23 ratings.
Based on 23 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 3,928
- UPC: 090431200421
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3