Joan Baez Very Early Joan (Live)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$15.71 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.27 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 31, 1994
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Vanguard Records
- 1.Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream
- 2.Willie Moore
- 3.She's a Trouble Maker
- 4.Tears in My Eyes
- 5.Somebody Got Lost in a Storm
- 6.The Water Is Wide
- 7.Man of Constant Sorrow
- 8.Freight Train
- 9.Lady Gay (Child Ballad No.79)
- 10.Johnny Cuckoo
- 11.Lonesome Valley
- 12.The Riddle Song
- 13.Railroad Bill
- 14.Little Darlin'
- 15.In the Pines
- 16.Pilgrim of Sorrow
- 17.Where Have All the Flowers Gone
- 18.Rambler Gambler
- 19.Come All Ye Fair and Tender Maidens
- 20.Hallowed Be Thy Name
- 21.Twelve Gates to the City
- 22.Silver Dagger
Solo performer: Joan Baez (vocals, guitar).
Recorded between 1961 & 1963. Includes original release liner notes by Joan Baez, Sr.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Originally released in 1982, the double-album-length compilation VERY EARLY JOAN collects recordings from the first three years of Joan Baez's career, songs from the era of Cambridge coffeehouses and the Newport Folk Festival. Folk music at this time remained largely unpoliticized, though tunes like Ed McCurdy's "Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream," the opening track here, foreshadowed the political commitments of the protest era. Most of VERY EARLY JOAN consists of plainly-recorded, live-sounding solo guitar and voice renditions of traditional American and British folk songs, although a handful of recordings made with bluegrass pickers the Greenbriar Boys, including an excellent version of Elizabeth Cotten's "Freight Train," are included. Joan Baez's early albums are rather uneven, and this exhaustive 74-minute compilation is an excellent precis of them.
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 LABOR DAY
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE