Johnny Winter The Woodstock Experience (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.59 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sony Legacy
Q - 5/97, p.1444 Stars (out of 5) - "...Winter's vocals rasp with a raw edge that matches his cranium-scooping guitar sound...Before the '70s, Winter was burrowing beneath some deep blues roots."
Down Beat - p.683.5 stars out of 5 - "His lines, even the speediest and the wildest, have a sense of order. Back then, Winter could really sing, too..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I'm Yours And I'm Hers
- 2.Be Careful With A Fool
- 4.Mean Mistreater
- 5.Leland Mississippi Blues
- 6.Good Morning Little School Girl
- 7.When You Got A Good Friend
- 8.I'll Drown In My Own Tears
- 9.Back Door Friend
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Mama, Talk To Your Daughter (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 2.Leland Mississippi Blues (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 3.Mean Town Blues (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 4.You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 5.I Can't Stand It (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 6.Tobacco Road (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 7.Tell The Truth (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 8.Johnny B. Goode (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
Also available in a 3-pack with SECOND WINTER and CAPTURED LIVE.
Audio Mixer: Eddie Kramer.
Audio Remasterers: Joseph M. Palmaccio; Vic Anesini.
Among white blues singers of the 1960s, there were some who studied the music so intently they amazed even the genre's creators with their technical mastery. A select few, however, seemed to be born oozing authenticity, sounding just as soulful as the greatest black bluesmen while forging a completely new sound. Johnny Winter belonged in the second category. A long-haired hippie albino, he astounded initially skeptical listeners with his Howlin' Wolf-like vocals and wild Johnny Guitar Watson-esque guitar stylings. THE WOODSTOCK EXPERIENCE showcases Winter's first taste of national exposure, first with his 1969 self-titled debut album, and then with his set at the Woodstock festival later the same year. The latter recording is the revelation here--a tornado of raging slide guitar and shouted vocals that sounds as if a late night Lone Star State roadhouse gig has been magically transported to the upstate New York farm. With several tracks clocking in at over 10 minutes ("Mean Town Blues," a hellacious Edgar Winter-led jam on "Tobacco Road"), the album showcases Johnny at his freest and most explosive.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE