Johnny Winter The Woodstock Experience (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.59 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Sony Legacy
Q - 5/97, p.1444 Stars (out of 5) - "...Winter's vocals rasp with a raw edge that matches his cranium-scooping guitar sound...Before the '70s, Winter was burrowing beneath some deep blues roots."
Down Beat - p.683.5 stars out of 5 - "His lines, even the speediest and the wildest, have a sense of order. Back then, Winter could really sing, too..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I'm Yours And I'm Hers
- 2.Be Careful With A Fool
- 4.Mean Mistreater
- 5.Leland Mississippi Blues
- 6.Good Morning Little School Girl
- 7.When You Got A Good Friend
- 8.I'll Drown In My Own Tears
- 9.Back Door Friend
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Mama, Talk To Your Daughter (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 2.Leland Mississippi Blues (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 3.Mean Town Blues (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 4.You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 5.I Can't Stand It (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 6.Tobacco Road (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 7.Tell The Truth (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
- 8.Johnny B. Goode (Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair, August 18, 1969)
Also available in a 3-pack with SECOND WINTER and CAPTURED LIVE.
Audio Mixer: Eddie Kramer.
Audio Remasterers: Joseph M. Palmaccio; Vic Anesini.
Among white blues singers of the 1960s, there were some who studied the music so intently they amazed even the genre's creators with their technical mastery. A select few, however, seemed to be born oozing authenticity, sounding just as soulful as the greatest black bluesmen while forging a completely new sound. Johnny Winter belonged in the second category. A long-haired hippie albino, he astounded initially skeptical listeners with his Howlin' Wolf-like vocals and wild Johnny Guitar Watson-esque guitar stylings. THE WOODSTOCK EXPERIENCE showcases Winter's first taste of national exposure, first with his 1969 self-titled debut album, and then with his set at the Woodstock festival later the same year. The latter recording is the revelation here--a tornado of raging slide guitar and shouted vocals that sounds as if a late night Lone Star State roadhouse gig has been magically transported to the upstate New York farm. With several tracks clocking in at over 10 minutes ("Mean Town Blues," a hellacious Edgar Winter-led jam on "Tobacco Road"), the album showcases Johnny at his freest and most explosive.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 31 ratings.
Based on 31 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE