Joan Baez Joan Baez in Concert, Pt. 1 [Bonus Tracks] (Live)
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 5, 2002
- Label: Vanguard Records
- 1.Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
- 3.Copper Kettle
- 5.What Have They Done to the Rain
- 6.Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair
- 7.Danger Waters
- 8.Gospel Ship
- 9.House Carpenter
- 10.Pretty Boy Floyd
- 11.Lady Mary
- 12.At‚ Amanha
- 13.Matty Groves
- 14.Streets of Laredo
- 15.My Good Old Man
- 16.My Lord What a Morning - (previously unreleased)
Solo performer: Joan Baez (vocals, guitar).
Producer: Maynard Solomon.
Reissue producer: Mark Spector.
Recorded live between August 1962 and November 1963. Originally released on Vanguard (9112). Includes liner notes by Maynard Solomon and Arthur Levy.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of Vanguard Records Original Masters Series.
Adapter: John Jacob Niles.
Personnel: Joan Baez (guitar).
Liner Note Authors: Maynard Solomon; Arthur Levy .
Recording information: Concert (10/1961-??/1963); Town Hall, NY (10/1961-??/1963).
Arrangers: John Jacob Niles; Joan Baez.
The 'queen of folk' was an accomplished live performer as this, the first of two In Concert albums proved. Accompanying herself on acoustic guitar, Baez brought her pure, virginal soprano to contrasting material. Her interpretations of Childe ballads 'Matty Groves' and 'The House Carpenter' are particularly moving, but an empathy with American folklore, including Woody Guthrie and the Carter Family, is equally apparent. Baez's reading of Malvina Reynolds' protest song, 'What Have They Done To The Rain', is especially arresting and inspired a later pop hit for the Searchers. This album helped take folk music out of the coffee-house circuit and into national consciousness.
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 LABOR DAY
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE