Joan Baez Joan
Only 5 copies left
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$15.71 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.27 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 19, 1991
- Label: Vanguard Records
- 1.Be Not Too Hard
- 2.Eleanor Rigby
- 4.La Colombe :: The Dove
- 5.Dangling Conversation
- 6.The Lady Came From Baltimore
- 8.Children of Darkness
- 9.The Greenwood Side
- 10.If You Were a Carpenter
- 11.Annabel Lee
- 12.Saigon Bride
Personnel includes: Joan Baez (vocals, guitar); Peter Schickele Orchestra.
Recorded at Vanguard Records 23rd Street Studio, New York, New York.
Includes liner notes from Joan Baez And Joan Baez, Sr.
Probably the best of the handful of mid-'60s Joan Baez albums arranged and produced by Peter Schickele--better-known as comedic classical performer P.D.Q. Bach--1967's JOAN is an orchestral folk delight on a par with Judy Collins' classic IN MY LIFE. Unlike the other Baez-Schickele collaborations, JOAN isn't dominated by Schickele's' ornate, near-baroque arrangements. While his characteristic musical wit is on full display throughout--witness the way his chart of the Beatles' "Eleanor Rigby" is filled with sly classical allusions--Baez is the focus of JOAN, and her clear, bell-like voice has rarely sounded better. Covers of appropriate tunes by Jacques Brel, Paul Simon and Tim Hardin are among the highlights, but the album's centerpiece is a deeply affecting version of Richard Farina's "Children of Darkness," recorded by Baez--Farina's sister-in-law--as a tribute to the composer, who had recently been killed in a motorcycle accident.
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 LABOR DAY
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.71 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE