Clash of the Titans (Widescreen)
|You Save:||$7 (54% Off)|
- A Conversation with Ray Harryhausen
- Map of Myths and Monsters Gallery
- Interactive Menus
- Theatrical Trailer
- Scene Access
- Languages: English & French
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Bahasa, Thai & Korean
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 6, 2002
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Introduction: Ray Harryhausen - Special Effects
- Film Highlights: Selected Cast
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Art Gallery:
- Monsters and Myths
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Harry Hamlin, Laurence Olivier, Judi Bowker & Burgess Meredith|
|Performer:||Claire Bloom, Maggie Smith, Ursula Andress & Burgess Meredith|
|Directed by||Desmond Davis|
"The movie's star, of course, is Ray Harryhausen, the stop-motion maestro who created the still-endearing special effects."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Olympian gods, mythological monsters and heroic mortals populate this imaginative spectacle. Harry Hamlin is Perseus, mortal son of Zeus (Laurence Olivier) and champion of captive Andromeda (Judi Bowker). From that storyline, Harryhausen unleashes sea creature Kraken, snake-haired Medusa, swamp denizen Calibos, flying horse Pegasus, two-headed dog Dioskilos, giant scorpions and all manner of eye-popping adventure. Let the clash begin!
This was legendary special effects wizard Ray Harryhausen's last film before he retired from creating movie magic. L.A. LAW's Harry Hamlin stars as the Greek mythological hero Perseus who fights snake-haired Medusa and two-headed dogs to save the lovely Andromeda (Judi Bowker). Laurence Olivier, as Zeus, is one of the many screen legends in this adventure. Burgess Meredith, Claire Bloom, Maggie Smith and Ursula Andress round out the cast as the Gods of Mount Olympus.
Director Desmond Davis was camera operator on TOM JONES and A TASTE OF HONEY, two influential early 1960s British films. Writer Beverly Cross was one of the writers on 1963's Ray Harryhausen film, JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 310 ratings.
Harryhausen's last but certainly not least. The variety of special effects are employed well, and the attention to the feel and spirit of greek mythos is expertly carried out. The palace of the gods is wonderfully ethereal, and of course all the monsters are expertly stop-motion animated.
Top ranking DVD:
- Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up Case) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- Annie (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER WEEK
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $1.79 CYBER WEEK
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER WEEK
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.