Joan Baez David's Album [Bonus Tracks]
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 8, 2005
- Label: Vanguard Records
- 1.If I Knew
- 2.Rock Salt and Nails
- 3.Glad Bluebird of Happiness
- 4.Green, Green Grass of Home
- 5.Will the Circle Be Unbroken
- 6.The Tramp on the Street
- 7.Poor Wayfaring Stranger
- 8.Just a Closer Walk With Thee
- 9.Hickory Wind
- 10.My Home's Across the Blue Ridge Mountains
- 11.How Can I Miss You - (previously unreleased, live)
- 12.Last Thing on My Mind, The - (previously unreleased)
Personnel: Joan Baez (vocals); Jerry Kennedy, Harold Bradley, Pete Wade (guitar); Hal Rugg (steel guitar, dobro); Fred Carter (mandolin); Tommy Jackson (fiddle); Hargus Robbins (piano); Junior Huskey (acoustic bass); Norbert Putnam (electric bass); Ken Buttrey (drums).
Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee. Includes liner notes by Joan Baez Harris.
Personnel: Joan Baez (vocals, guitar); Grady Martin (guitar, electric guitar, dobro, mandolin); Harold Bradley, Harold Rugg, Jerry Kennedy, Jerry Reed (guitar); Hal Rugg (steel guitar, dobro); Pete Drake (steel guitar); Fred Carter, Jr., Fred Carter (mandolin); Tommy Jackson (violin, fiddle); Buddy Spicher (fiddle, viola); Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano, keyboards); Bill Purcell, Bill Pursell (piano); Roy M. "Junior" Husky (upright bass); Norbert Putnam (electric bass); Kenny Buttrey (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Joan Baez; Arthur Levy .
Recording information: Nashville, TN.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Mimi Fari¤a; The Jordanaires; Hargus "Pig" Robbins.
Although 1969's DAVID'S ALBUM is named in honor of Joan Baez's then-husband, jailed draft protester David Harris, it's oddly enough one of her least political albums. Recorded in Nashville--at about the same time as Bob Dylan's NASHVILLE SKYLINE, an album which this strongly resembles--with country music veterans like Pete Drake, Jerry Kennedy and even country-pop songwriter and sometime-actor Jerry Reed, DAVID'S ALBUM is a fairly straightforward country-rock album. A version of the classic Bill Monroe arrangement of the gospel standard "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" is a highlight, as is the first of several versions Baez recorded of Gram Parson's country-rock masterpiece "Hickory Wind." The arrangements sometimes sound a bit slick and dated, but this is probably Baez's most fruitful experiment in this then-fashionable genre.
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)(67)
$7.83 Super Savings
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)(26)
$20.30 Super Savings
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)(85)
$21.75 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Thank You Shirl-ee May [A Love Story] (DualDisc) (CD)(6)
$16.13 on SALE
Love & Affection: The Very Best of Joan Armatrading (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)(4)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE