Joan Baez Blessed Are... [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|CYBER SALE:||$15.71 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.27 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: September 13, 2005
- Label: Vanguard Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Blessed Are...
- 2.The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- 3.The Salt of the Earth
- 4.Three Horses
- 5.The Brand New Tennessee Waltz
- 6.Last, Lonely and Wretched
- 7.Lincoln Freed Me Today
- 8.Outside the Nashville City Limits
- 9.San Francisco Mabel Joy
- 10.When Time Is Stolen
- 11.Heaven Help Us All
- 13.Help Me Make It Through the Night
- 14.Let It Be
- 15.Put Your Hand in the Hand
- 16.Gabriel and Me
- 17.Milanese Waltz / Marie Flore: Milanese Waltz / Marie Flore
- 18.The Hitchhiker's Song
- 19.The 33rd of August
- 20.Fifteen Months
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Maria Dolores
- 2.Plane Wreck at Los Gatos (Deportee)
- 3.Warm and Tender Love - (previously unreleased, live, Bonus Track)
Personnel: Joan Baez (vocals, guitar); Norman Blake (guitar, dobro); Pete Wade (guitar); Buddy Spicher (violin); Charlie McCoy (harmonica); Norbert Putnam (bass); Kenneth Buttrey (drums); The Nashville Strings, The Memphis Horns, The Holladay Singers, The Town And Country Singers.
Recorded at Quadrafonic Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
Personnel: Norman Blake (guitar, dobro); Pete Wade (guitar); Buddy Spicher (violin); The Memphis Horns (horns); David Briggs (keyboards); Kenny Buttrey (drums).
Liner Note Author: Arthur Levy .
Recording information: Quadrafonic Studios, Nashville, TN (1969); Woodstock Festival (1969).
Arrangers: David Briggs ; Norbert Putnam.
Perhaps Joan Baez's best-known album, 1971's BLESSED ARE is a double-album-length example of Baez at the point where she was moving away from pure folk into a more pop-oriented sound. Featuring her hit cover of the Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," a version which outraged many Band fans because they felt Baez misinterpreted the lyrics, the record also includes several other country-tinged rock covers, including the Stones' "Salt of the Earth," the Beatles' "Let It Be" and Kris Kristofferson's "Help Me Make It Through the Night," alongside an impressive set of Baez folk-rock originals. "Fifteen Months" and the seven-minute ballad "Three Horses" are particular highlights. This remastered CD reissue includes a bonus CD single, "Plane Wreck At Los Gatos (Deportee)" and "Maria Dolores," two songs from a 7" which was included with early copies of the vinyl album.
Woodstock: 40th Anniversary Director's Cut (2-DVD)
$21.63 CYBER SALE
Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More... (CD)
$24.66 CYBER SALE
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)
$8.83 CYBER SALE
Festival of Acoustic Music - Greek Theater, U.C. Berkeley (CD)
$10.56 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
American Folksay Ballads And Dances, Volumes 5-6 / Chain... (CD)
$2.38 CYBER SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE