- Over 7 featurettes
- Deleted Scenes / Outtakes
- Audio Commentary
- Cast and Crew Filmographies
- DVD-ROM Features: Script-To-Screen, Original Website, Link To Infinifilm Website, and more!
- Widescreen (Anamorphic)
- Audio: English [CC]
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 11, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital EX 5.1 - English
- DTS ES Discreet 6.1 - English
- Stereo Surround - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Audio Commentary: Brett Ratner - Director, Jeff Nathanson - Writer
- Fashion Show
- Scene Analysis
- Visual Effects Deconstruction
- JACKIE CHAN'S HONG KONG INTRODUCTION
- CULTURE CLASH: EAST MEETS WEST
- LANGUAGE BARRIER
- KUNG FU CHOREOGRAPHY
- LADY LUCK
- ATTAINING INTERNATIONAL STARDOM
- MAKING MAGIC OUT OF MIRE: A LOOK AT BRETT RATNER
- InterActual Player (PC/IE 5.0 and up)
- Official Web Site
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Variety - 07/30/2001
"...[The] full orchestra action music works like an energy boost on the ears....Tucker is louder, more aggressive and funnier this time....Zhang, of course, owns the screen..."
New York Times - 08/03/2001
"...Mr. Chan dances through some uproarious martial-arts battles....Mr. Chan and Mr. Tucker are always fun to watch. Mr. Tucker has an unusual comic talent..."
Entertainment Weekly - 08/10/2001
"...Chan's got the universal language of physical comedy on his side..."
Rolling Stone - 08/30/2001
"...Chan's acrobatic high jinks play strikingly well off of Tucker's wiseass humor..."
Los Angeles Times - 08/03/2001
"...Chan is still the most watchable of action stars, a human special effect..."
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2001
"...[Chan] remains a peerless physical performer....Director Brett Ratner keeps us briskly hopping from one action set piece to the next..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 08/03/2001
"...Jackie Chan is amazing as usual in the action sequences..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Last time they nearly destroyed L.A., now they're about to break China! Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker reprise their roles as mismatched detectives in this smash-hit follow-up that's even "faster and funnier than the first!" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
Reunited in Hong Kong, the two cops look forward to a much-needed vacation. But their plans go up in smoke when a bomb explodes in the American Embassy. Suddenly, they're tracking a group of slippery suspects, including a beautiful assassin (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon's Zhang Ziyi) and a mysterious mobster (John Lone, The Last Emperor). With their irresistible mix of head spinning action and gut-busting comedy, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan prove they're the team to beat in this can't-miss movie that delivers the entertainment rush of the year!
Hong Kong |
Los Angeles, California |