The Ghoul (1933)
|You Save:||$11.40 (76% Off)|
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Horror Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Audio: English [CC]
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 26, 2003
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Cedric Hardwicke, Ernest Thesiger, Dorothy Hyson, Anthony Bushell, Ralph Richardson, Kathleen Harrison & A. Clarke-Smith|
|Directed by||T. Hayes Hunter|
|Screenwriting by||Roland Pertwee & John Hastings Turner|
Description by OLDIES.com:
On his deathbed, famed Egyptologist Professor Morlant (Karloff) instructs his assistant to bury him with an ancient jewel he believes will grant him eternal life. But soon after he's entombed, the sacred treasure is ripped from his hand by a mysterious grave robber. Now, filled with fury, Morlant rises from his crypt as a grotesquely decaying mummy determined to avenge the theft ... and destroy everything in his path!
And woe to those who might double-cross him, for Morlant's spirit will arise to wreak vengeance on his betrayers...
- Screen debut for British stage actor Ralph Richardson.
- The film opened in London in August of 1933. The US opening was on November 25th, 1933.
- Sound by British Acoustic Systems (R. Birch).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 62 ratings.
For many years, Karloff fans could only see this film in murky scratchy 16mm prints or over duped VHS copies. Several years ago, the unthinkable happened--the original negative was found! It was cleaned up by the Lowry Digital and is now so clean and sparkly that it doesn't look quite right. Make no mistake, it looks great and it's a fun little film, but this treatment raises the question concerning digital "restoration"--how much is too much?
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.