- Audio: English [CC]
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
- Rated: Unrated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 26, 2003
- Originally Released: 1933
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
In an eerie, fog-shrouded London, an ancient curse has been unleashed ... and a reign of terror is about to begin! Horror movie legend Boris Karloff is unforgettable in this "blood-curdling" (Motion Picture Herald
) thriller that brings to life the classic tale of the mummy!
On his deathbed, famed Egyptologist Professor Morlant (Karloff) instructs his assistant to bury him with an ancient jewel he believes will grant him eternal life. But soon after he's entombed, the sacred treasure is ripped from his hand by a mysterious grave robber. Now, filled with fury, Morlant rises from his crypt as a grotesquely decaying mummy determined to avenge the theft ... and destroy everything in his path!
British Egyptologist Professor Morlant finds a magic jewel in the tomb of an Oriental idol. This talisman is supposed to grant immortality to those who are buried with it. So Morlant arranges to have it put into his grave upon his demise.
And woe to those who might double-cross him, for Morlant's spirit will arise to wreak vengeance on his betrayers...
- Screen debut for British stage actor Ralph Richardson.
- The film opened in London in August of 1933. The US opening was on November 25th, 1933.
- Sound by British Acoustic Systems (R. Birch).