Bert Kaempfert The Very Best of Bert Kaempfert
|You Save:||$0.90 (5% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Henry Mancini ~ Best of Henry Mancini ~ $8.08
- by Bert Kaempfert ~ The Collection ~ $9.90
- by Percy Faith ~ Greatest Hits ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Percy Faith ~ Tara's Theme From "Gone With The Wind" / Jealousy ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by The String-A-Longs ~ Very Best of Featuring "Wheels" ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- Released: February 6, 1996
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Taragon
- 1.Wonderland by Night
- 3.Now and Forever
- 4.Afrikaan Beat
- 5.That Happy Feeling
- 6.A Swingin' Safari
- 7.Magic Trumpet
- 8.Danke Schoen
- 9.L-O-V-E (Love)
- 10.Red Roses for a Blue Lady
- 11.Three O'Clock in the Morning
- 12.Spanish Eyes (Moon over Naples)
- 13.Bye Bye Blues
- 14.Strangers in the Night - (from "A Man Could Get Killed")
- 16.World We Knew, The (Over and Over)
Producer: Milt Gabler.
Reissue producer: Eliot Goshman.
Recorded between 1960 and 1967. Includes liner notes by Steve Kolanjian.
Digitally remastered by Eliot Goshman (1995, Taragon Studios, Deer Park, New York).
Liner Note Author: Steve Kolanjian.
Recording information: 07/07/1960-05/02/1967.
Beginning with Louis Armstrong, through Harry James and Bobby Hackett of the Jackie Gleason Orchestra, the trumpet was once a king in pop music. This was true even in '60s-era easy listening, as demonstrated by the success of Al Hirt, Herb Alpert, and the ultra-shrewd German musician Bert Kaempfert, who probably was as responsible as anyone else in rehabilitating Germany's post-war world image. The Taragon label is re-releasing all of Kaempfert's many albums in an ambitious reissue project. This excellent compilation is the one to have however.
As well as being a successful composer ("Strangers in the Night," "Spanish Eyes," "Danke Schon," "L.O.V.E" are all his compositions), Kaempfert was an even better producer, superior even to Herb Alpert in that he didn't rely as much on a formula sound as did the Tijuana Brass. His studio work is ultra-clean and efficient, and very pop-modern in the use of a prominently recorded low-strung electric guitar on all tracks. What lingers on are his memorable melodies however, sunnily displayed and all danceable in the old-fashioned European style.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 71 ratings.
Based on 71 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
The Very Best of Bert Kaempfert Music Lover: Harry Artinian from Connecticut, USA -- September, 2, 2007
This is a superb collection of Bert Kaempfert's output as both a composer and producer of great melodies. The quality of the recordings is outstanding and every track is better than the last. Excellent!!!