- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 13, 2002
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: New Yorker Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Text/Photo Galleries:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Premiere - 12/01/2000
"...A beautiful, droll meditation..."
Box Office - 11/01/2000
"...An intriguing study....Extremely striking. There is also a haunting electronic score from Ryuichi Sakamoto..."
Sight and Sound - 08/01/2001
"...[Oshima] hates nobody and, wonderfully served by cast and camera, loves the reticence of a story immaculately told..."
Total Film - 09/01/2001
"...The lyrical mood is reinforced by a strong score..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/17/2000
"...TABOO is one of Oshima's finest films....Oshima has created a film of resilient, downright tensile strength that ends on a satisfyingly ironic note..."
- Theatrical release: October 6, 2000
- Shooting location: Kyoto, Japan.
- This was Oshima's first film in 14 years, due, in part, to a stroke suffered by the 68-year old director.