George Strait Honkytonkville
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$4.77 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.21 (20% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 10, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: MCA Nashville
Entertainment Weekly - 6/20/03, p.73"...His new album finds him back in the barroom, in touch with his jukebox roots. It's hard to imagine anyone doing it better..." - Rating: A
- 1.She Used To Say That To Me
- 3.Look Who's Back From Town
- 4.Cowboys Like Us
- 5.Tell Me Something Bad About Tulsa
- 6.As Far As It Goes
- 7.I Found Jesus On The Jailhouse Floor
- 9.Honk If You Honky Tonk
- 10.Heaven's Missing An Angel
- 11.Four Down And Twelve Across
- 12.My Infinite Love
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: George Strait (vocals, guitar); Biff Watson, Steve Gibson (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar, nylon string guitar); Chris Leuzinger (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Stuart Duncan (mandolin, fiddle); Eddie Bayers (drums); Wes Hightower, Marty Slayton (background vocals); Nashville String Machine.
Recorded at One Way Nashville, Nasville, Tennessee.
Personnel: Biff Watson, Steve Gibson (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar, nylon-string guitar); Chris Leuzinger (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Stuart Duncan (mandolin, fiddle); The Nashville String Machine (strings); Matt Rollings, Steve Nathan (keyboards); Glenn Worf (upright bass); Eddie Bayers (drums); Wes Hightower, Marty Slayton (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Chuck Ainlay.
Recording information: Front Stage At Sound Stage Studios, Nashville, TN; Ocean Way Nashville, Nashville, TN; Ocean Way Studios, Nashville, TN; South Texas Studios; Starstruck, Nashville, TN.
Photographers: Tony Baker & His Orchestra; Tony Baker .
Arranger: Bergen White.
On HONKYTONKVILLE, George Strait continues to provide a beacon of light for those who despair of 21st century country's shift towards generic pop. The title track itself could easily have fallen off of Merle Haggard's pickup truck, and in a similar spirit, the churning roadhouse romp "Honk if You Honky Tonk" would sound equally at home on a George Jones record. Strait is an interpreter (and a fine one), not a writer, and he taps some of the hippest songmen in the country game (including Jim Lauderdale, Bruce Robison, and Monte Warden) for the uniformly high-quality material to which he lends his lungs here. "Tell Me Something Bad About Tulsa" could be a country cousin of Tom T. Hall's classic "That's How I Got To Memphis," and the clever "Four Down and Twelve Across" explores that long-standing overlap between country and soul. Strait is a lifetime resident of HONKYTONKVILLE, but anyone who loves tradition-minded country is invited for a visit.
The Cowboy Rides Away: Live from AT&T Stadium (DVD)
$11.25 Super Savings
4 Film Favorites: Country Western Collection (Honeysuckle... (DVD)
$9.98 on SALE
Sold OutSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE