Kris Kristofferson All Time Greatest Hits
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.45 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.53 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 25, 2001
- Label: Varese Fontana
- 1.Me and Bobby McGee
- 2.Help Me Make It Through the Night
- 3.Casey's Last Ride
- 4.Darby's Castle
- 5.For the Good Times
- 6.Sunday Morning Coming Down
- 7.Jody and the Kid
- 8.Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I'll Ever Do Again)
- 9.The Taker
- 11.Jesus Was a Capricorn
- 12.Nobody Wins
- 13.Why Me
- 14.I'd Rather Be Sorry
- 16.How Do You Feel About Foolin' Around
- 17.Come Sundown
- 18.Once More With Feeling
Personnel includes: Kris Kristofferson (vocals, guitar); Rita Coolidge vocals).
Producers: Fred Foster, David Anderle.
Compilation producer: Cary E. Mansfield.
Recorded between 1970 and 1979. Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
Digitally remastered by Evren Goknar and Marty Wekser (Capitol Mastering, Los Angeles, California).
Liner Note Author: Colin Escott.
With so many Kris Kristofferson collections featuring basically the same material already available, it's questionable why the compilers felt it was necessary to repackage these songs again into this 2001 disc. What's especially frustrating is as of this release, there still was not a comprehensive multi-label Kristofferson compilation. While the bulk of his best-known material was recorded for Monument in the '70s, he's had a smattering of hits for other labels in the decades since. Even tracks from Monument's belatedly released live album, recorded at a New York City concert in 1972, aren't included here, making this an adequate but extremely disappointing compilation of well-worn Kristofferson classics. That said, for those unaware of the charms of the country singer/songwriter's early recordings, this is a sufficient introduction, as these 18 tracks include almost everything of significance Kristofferson recorded during the '70s. His gritty talk-singing on classics like "Why Me?" and "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" recalls Waylon Jennings and perfectly meshes with his tales of down and outers, life on the skids, and characters with little left to lose. The bulk of his best songs during these years are ballads, which infuse this album with a rather bleak, samey atmosphere, especially when they are programmed next to each other. Only the barroom romp of the Shel Silverstein collaboration "How Do You Feel About Foolin' Around?," one of this set's least engaging tunes, lightens the mood. Although Billboard chart position information is welcome, the lack of any musician credits is troublesome, making this a less satisfying anthology than it should be. But for those who just want the basics of Kris Kristofferson's claim to fame, you needn't look any further. ~ Hal Horowitz
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid (Special Ed.) (2-DVD)(116)
$7.98 on SALE
For Love of Liberty: The Story of America's Black Patriots (DVD)(4)
$4.98 on SALE
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)(67)
$7.83 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Love and Affection: Joan Armatrading Classics 1975-1983... (CD)(9)
$17.82 Super Savings
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)(16)
$12.29 Super Savings
The Very Best of England Dan & John Ford Coley (CD)
$12.49 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Dion Deja Nu (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Doo Wop, Volume 5 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE