K-Tel Presents Superbad
by Various Artists
- Released: July 7, 2009
- Label: Micro Werks
Description by OLDIES.com:
Micro Werks and K-Tel "split the territory" to release this classic '70s Funk original K-Tel concept. This album concept sold well over 1 million units with pervasive TV and media campaigns that have seared a marketing impression into the minds of a whole generation and now assuring brand awareness and nostalgia for consumers who will want their K-Tel vinyl and the bad-ass memories associated with it on CD. "Superbad" was so strong as a brand that filmmaker Judd Apatow (from the K-Tel generation) even monikered his successful film with it. Features the funky side '70s radio from the years 1973-1977 and, of course, such pimpin' hits and current classic rotation staples as "Hollywood Swinging", "Love Rollercoaster" and "Brick House".
- 1.The CommodoresBrick House
- 2.Ohio PlayersLove Rollercoaster
- 3.Kool & The GangHollywood Swinging
- 4.The Supremes & The Four TopsReach Out And Touch (Somebody S Hand)
- 5.Eddie KendricksKeep On Truckin'
- 6.The TemptationsMasterpiece
- 7.Billy PrestonWill It Go Round In Circles
- 8.The Free MovementI've Found Someone Of My Own
- 9.Stevie WonderSuperwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You)
- 10.Gladys Knight & The PipsDaddy Could Swear, I Declare
- 11.Marvin GayeWhat's Going On
- 12.James BrownGet On The Good Foot
- 13.Jerry ButlerOne Night Affair
- 14.Pointer SistersYes We Can Can
Issued the same day as SUPER BAD IS BACK (so it wasn't even given a chance to go away), SUPER BAD is a straightforward K-Tel (via Universal) compilation containing '70s soul and funk, much of it well-known and previously issued on plenty of other discs. There's really no knocking any of the songs featured here, including compilation staples like Eddie Kendricks' "Keep on Truckin" and Commodores' "Brick House," as well as the less-common likes of Billy Preston's "Will It Go Round in Circles" and the Free Movement's "I've Found Someone of My Own." Like the other K-Tel titles released in 2009--which, unlike the 2006/2007 batch, contain the original versions, not re-recordings--it's geared more for newcomers who don't mind having a few under-exposed cuts mixed in with smash hits.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!