- Released: September 5, 2006
- Label: Shout Factory
Dirty Linen - p.45
"A great idea, especially since some of his best albums are out of print....It's good to hear 'Something's Wrong With the Beaver' and the slightly more serious 'Sold American'."
No Depression - p.90
"Like Randy Newman, Kinky crafts songs with humor, satire and parody."
- 1.Sold American
- 2.Before All Hell Breaks Loose
- 3.The Ballad of Charles Whitman
- 4.Waitret, Please, Waitret
- 5.Get Your Biscuits in the Oven & Your Buns in the Bed
- 6.Asshole from El Paso
- 7.People Who Read People Magazine
- 8.Somethin's Wrong with the Beaver
- 9.We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to You
- 10.Home Erectus
- 11.Ride 'Em Jewboy
- 12.The Take-It-Easy Trailer Park
- 13.Rock and Roll Across the USA
- 14.Ol' Ben Lucas
- 15.They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore
Liner Note Author: Johnny Whiteside.
Timed to coincide with Richard "Kinky" Friedman's completely serious 2006 independent run for Texas governor, THE BEST OF KINKY FRIEDMAN is a 15-track anthology of the singer and novelist's sardonic outlaw country tunes. Often misunderstood as an anti-PC caricature, Friedman is a social satirist whose songs feature deceptively serious commentary on racism ("We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service To You"), sexism ("Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed"), and anti-Semitism ("They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore"). The set also includes the heartbreaking "Sold American," one of the greatest country ballads of the 1970s.