- Released: July 7, 2009
- Label: Micro Werks
Description by OLDIES.com:
These ghoulish Golden Records classic '60s LP reissues on CD will delight children from 4 to 54. First the master storyteller, Hitch, camps it up with his favorite ghost stories. He'll chill you with his great story narratives, but you'll even shake more as we move into the first person with the reissue of Famous Monsters Speak ... straight from the Horror's mouth! Issued first in 1963 this 2-story LP was amazingly evocative. Ex-Dead End kid Gabriel Dell's vocal interpretations of Frankenstein's Monster and Dracula are totally creepy cool and collectable. Written by Cherney Berg with the voices of Gabriel Dell and sound effects by Hal Johnson.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.How To Listen To Ghost Stories
- 2.The Haunted And The Hunted (The Pirate's Curse)
- 3.Plumbing Problem
- 4.The Magician ('Til Death Do Us Part)
- 5.Rising Tide
- 6.Johnny Takes A Dare (The More The Merrier)
- 7.Marvelous Floating Chair
- 8.The Open Window By Saki (Special Adaptation)
- 9.Paddling To The Kitchen
- 10.The Helpful Hitchhiker
- 11.Sitting On The Refrigerator
- 12.Jimmy Takes Vanishing Lessons
- 13.A Few Final Words Before Sinking
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.The Thoughts Of Frankenstein's Creature
- 2.Dracula Speaks!
This wonderfully campy two-fer from the MicroWerks label features master of suspense Alfred Hitchcock's 1962 Golden Records LP GHOST STORIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE and Dead End Kid Gabriel Dell's 1963 LP FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER SPEAKS and DRACULA RETURNS in their entireties. Both collections are festooned with the kind of over-the-top sound effects usually relegated to cheap speakers in basement windows on Halloween, while both of the performer's deliveries are as whimsical as they are terrifying, resulting in a boisterous celebration of classic horror with a sepia-tone edge.