Johnny Cash Johnny Cash at San Quentin (Live) (3-CD Box Set)
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$35.46 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.52 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: November 14, 2006
- Label: Sony
Entertainment Weekly - p.97"[Cash was] all but inciting riots with his rockers and incendiary remarks, then calming the captives with hymns." -- Grade: A
Q - p.1264 stars out of 5 -- "[A] gruff, no-frills performer with a voice like a bag of rusty nails scattering noisily over his career highlights."
CMJ - 6/19/00, p.32"...This beefed-up landmark release reissue contains nearly an album's worth of extra material..."
Dirty Linen - p.56"[I]t is certainly the stuff of legend, and this expanded edition brings the drama and excitement of that evening back to life."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Blue Suede Shoes - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Flowers on the Wall - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Last Thing on My Mind, The - (previously unreleased)
- 4.June Carter Cash Talks to the Audience - (previously unreleased)
- 5.Wildwood Flower - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Big River
- 7.I Still Miss Someone
- 8.Wreck of the Old 97
- 9.I Walk the Line
- 10.The Long Black Veil / Give My Love To Rose - (previously unreleased)
- 11.Folsom Prison Blues
- 12.Orange Blossom Special - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Jackson - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Darlin' Companion
- 15.Break My Mind - (previously unreleased)
- 16.I Don't Know Where I'm Bound
- 17.Starkville City Jail
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.San Quentin
- 2.San Quentin
- 3.Wanted Man
- 4.Restless - (previously unreleased)
- 5.A Boy Named Sue
- 6.Blistered - (previously unreleased)
- 7.Peace in the Valley (There'll Be)
- 8.Outside Looking In, The - (previously unreleased)
- 9.Less of Me - (previously unreleased)
- 10.Ring of Fire
- 11.He Turned the Water Into Wine
- 12.Daddy Sang Bass
- 13.The Old Account Was Settled Long Ago
- 14.Closing Medley: Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line / Ring Of Fire / The Rebel - Johnny Yuma
Personnel: Johnny Cash (vocals, guitar); The Carter Family (vocals, guitar); Carl Perkins (vocals, electric guitar); June Carter Cash, The Statler Brothers (vocals); Bob Wootton (electric guitar); Marshall Grant (bass instrument); W.S. Holland (drums).
One of country music's unequivocal stars, Johnny Cash retained respect for the travails of the audience elevating him to that position. Recorded live at one of America's most notorious prisons, this album displays an empathy bereft of condescension and captures a performer combining charisma with natural ease. The material is balanced between established favorites and new material including "Wanted Man" (an unrecorded Bob Dylan song), and the lighthearted hit "A Boy Named Sue." It was not the first time Cash had recorded in a penal institution, but this appearance, at a time when American values were vociferously questioned, suggested the artist's rebelliousness had not dimmed.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)(5)
$19.98 on SALE
Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD)(8)
$2.98 on SALE
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)(10)
$5.98 on SALE
Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD)(2)
$4.98 on SALE
Western TV Treasures: 150 Episode Collection (12-DVD)(4)
$9.98 on SALE
Live At The Atlanta International Pop Festival (2-CD)(44)
$16.52 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE