Stevie Ray Vaughan The Real Deal: Greatest Hits, Volume 2
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 23, 1999
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Love Struck Baby
- 2.Ain't Gone 'N' Give Up On Love
- 3.Scuttle Buttin'
- 4.Wall Of Denial
- 6.Superstition - (live)
- 7.Empty Arms
- 8.Riviera Paradise
- 9.Look At Little Sister
- 10.Willie The Wimp - (live)
- 12.Shake For Me - (live)
- 13.Leave My Girl Alone - (live)
- 14.Telephone Song
- 15.Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)
- 16.Life By The Drop
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
& Double Trouble.
Personnel includes: Stevie Ray Vaughan (vocals, guitar); Tommy Shannon (bass); Chris Layton (drums).
Producers include: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Richard Mullen, Double Trouble, Jim Capfer, Nile Rodgers.
Compilation producer: Bob Irwin.
Includes liner notes by Scott Jordan.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
During the seven years he recorded (1983-1990), Stevie Ray Vaughan's mixture of blues, jazz and soul influences revitalized modern blues at a time when its popularity was sagging considerably. Be it shuffles ("Empty Arms"), Grant Green-flavored instrumentals ("Riviera Paradise") or wah-wah driven funk played with his equally gifted sibling Jimmie ("Telephone Song"), Vaughan's musical range makes calling him "a blues guitarist" the equivalent of calling Mt. Everest a small hill.
Vaughan was always quick to acknowledge his influences by way of his covering their material. When he wasn't paying homage to blues giants like Howlin' Wolf ("Shake For Me") and Buddy Guy ("Leave My Girl Alone"), Vaughan wandered farther afield in tipping his hat to less obvious heroes like Dick Dale ("Pipeline"), Stevie Wonder ("Superstition") and legend Hank Ballard ("Look At Little Sister"). Like his hero Jimi Hendrix (who Vaughan acknowledges with a devastating cover of "Voodoo Chile [Slight Return]"), the fleet-fingered Texan was as fluid playing rhythm ("Wall Of Denial," "Love Struck Baby") as he was tearing into a fat-toned solo ("Scuttle Buttin'").
Stevie Ray VaughanThe Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble (2-CD)
$14.46 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 72 ratings.
Based on 72 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,513
- UPC: 888751062023
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
Blues: Texas / West Coast Music Categories:
Color Blind (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
- Anson Funderburgh The Best of Blast Off (CD) ~ $8.29
- Marcia Ball Live! Down the Road (CD) ~ $16.18
- Marcia Ball The Tattooed Lady & The Alligator Man (CD) ~ $16.18
Bobby "Blue" Bland
The 3B Blues Boy - The Blues Years: 1952-59 (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings