George Thorogood Greatest Hits: 30 Years of Rock Special Edition
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Creedence Clearwater Revival ~ Chronicle, Volume 1: 20 Greatest Hits ~ $16.23
- by Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ The Essential Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- by The Who ~ The Ultimate Collection (2-CD) ~ $17.98
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Madison Blues - (with George Thorogood)
- 2.One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - (with George Thorogood)
- 3.Move It On Over - (with George Thorogood)
- 4.Who Do You Love? - (with George Thorogood)
- 5.Bad To The Bone - (with George Thorogood)
- 6.I Drink Alone - (with George Thorogood)
- 7.Gear Jammer - (with George Thorogood)
- 8.Willie And The Hand Jive - (with George Thorogood)
- 9.Sky Is Crying, The - (Live, with George Thorogood)
- 10.Reelin & Rockin' - (Live, with George Thorogood)
- 11.You Talk Too Much - (with George Thorogood)
- 12.If You Don't Start Drinkin' (I'm Gonna Leave) - (with George Thorogood)
- 13.Get A Haircut - (with George Thorogood)
- 14.Rockin' My Life Away - (previously unreleased, alternate take, with George Thorogood)
- 15.American Made - (with George Thorogood)
- 16.Who Do You Love? - (Rothrock 2004 remix, previously unreleased, with George Thorogood)
This release includes a bonus DVD featuring music videos, interview footage, and previously unreleased live performances from the 1985 Seattle Bumbershoot festival.
George Thorogood (Vocals/Guitar): George Thorogood (vocals, guitar).
Liner Note Author: Joel Selvin.
If George Thorogood did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him. With his Delaware Destroyers by his side, Thorogood spent the 1970s, '80s, and '90s cutting through all pretense and pomposity with a raw, rootsy, bare-bones style steeped in traditional blues, R&B, and early rock & roll. His gravelly vocals, power-tool slide guitar, and no-frills bar-band aesthetic have endeared him to fans of honest, good-time music for decades, as documented on this hits package.
30 YEARS OF ROCK is like a walk through through American musical history, as Thorogood makes his way through the songs of such roots legends as Hank Williams (a rocked-up version of "Move It on Over," a proto-rockabilly song to begin with), Elmore James (the blistering slow blues "The Sky Is Crying," predating Stevie Ray Vaughan's version), Bo Diddley (a tough, pounding "Who Do You Love?"), and more. Thorogood's own songs are on offer as well, most notably the Muddy Waters-like jukebox staple "Bad to the Bone" and the humorous "I Drink Alone." Hoist a bottle of (domestic) beer in celebration of George Thorogood's 30 YEARS OF ROCK.
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Devil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith (CD)
$5.97 Super Savings
Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD)
$12.29 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE