- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Audio: English, French & Spanish
- Subtitles: Spanish & French
- Closed-Captioned (CC) (English)
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 9, 2001
- Originally Released: 1975
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital - English
- Dolby Digital - French
- Dolby Digital - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
"Soul Cinema" superstar Pam Grier leads an outta-sight, all-star cast, including Yaphet Kotto (Alien
), Eartha Kitt (TV's original Catwoman), Carl Weathers (Rocky
), Scatman Crothers (The Shining
), Ted Lange ("The Love Boat"), Jim Backus ("Gilligan's Island") and Godfrey Cambridge (Cotton Comes To Harlem
) in this ultra-slick, pulse-pumping actioner that brings a foxy camerawoman into the focus of danger!
When photographer Friday Foster (Grier) unwittingly uncovers a white supremacist plot to knock off all of the country's top black leaders, she and her free-wheelin', trouble-dealin' P.I. Friend, Hawkins (Kotto), go on a mission to stomp the killers' plans! From the backstage murders at a righteous fashion show to a pedal-to-the-metal car chase from a funeral -- in a hearse(!) -- this shutterbuggin' babe will go anywhere and do anything to expose the corruption -- only this time, the shooting isn't just with a camera!
Friday, an ex-fashion model now working as an ace photographer, is drawn into a web of intrigue when her friend is found mysteriously murdered. Friday soon uncovers an international plot to ambush a conference of black leaders, but will she be able to stop the terrorists' Blaxploitation queen Pam Grier stars.
Pam Grier is Friday Foster, a beautiful young magazine journalist with a sharp, inquiring mind. But Friday's jolted out of her comfortable, professional lifestyle when she discovers a group of white assassins plotting to kill important black political figures. Can this dainty detective disband a group of trained killers in order to save a few of her community's most prominent leaders'
- Production services by Hampton Associates -- 1975.
- Color by Movielab.
- Copyright 1975 American International Pictures Inc.