John Mayall A Hard Road (2-CD)
|You Save:||$3 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Rolling Stone - 12/7/68, p.28"...the best album ever put out by a white blues band....[Mayall's] singing is excellent....If there is a quality that really distinguishes this record, it's the presence of piano...it adds a rustic, very country blues-ish flavor to the songs..."
Living Blues - p.67"A HARD ROAD consisted of mostly original material, Green's guitar tone more piercing and distorted than Clapton's, lending an emotional grit to tracks like the horn-laced 'Another Kinda Love.'"
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.A Hard Road
- 2.It's Over
- 3.You Don't Love Me
- 4.The Stumble
- 5.Another Kinda Love
- 6.Hit the Highway
- 7.Leaping Christine
- 8.Dust My Blues
- 9.There's Always Work
- 10.The Same Way
- 11.The Supernatural
- 12.Top of the Hill
- 13.Someday After Awhile (You'll Be Sorry)
- 14.Living Alone
- 15.Evil Woman Blues
- 16.All of My Life
- 17.Ridin' on the L&N
- 18.Little by Little
- 19.Eagle Eye
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Looking Back - (single A-Side)
- 2.So Many Roads - (single B-side)
- 3.Sitting in the Rain - (single A-side)
- 4.Out of Reach - (single B-side)
- 5.Mama, Talk to Your Daughter - (A HARD ROAD out-take)
- 6.Alabama Blues - (A HARD ROAD out-take)
- 7.Curly - (single A-side)
- 8.Rubber Duck - (single B-side)
- 9.Greeny - (session out-take)
- 10.Missing You - (session out-take)
- 11.Please Don't Tell - (session out-take)
- 12.Your Funeral and My Trial - (session out-take)
- 13.Double Trouble - (single A-side)
- 14.It Hurts Me Too - (single b-side)
- 15.Jenny - (single b-side)
- 16.Picture on the Wall - (single A-side)
- 17.First Time Alone - (from "BLUES FROM LAUREL CANYON")
Personnel: John Mayall (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano, organ); Peter Green (vocals, guitar, harmonica); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood, Aynsley Dunbar (drums); Paul Butterfield.
Producers: Mike Vernon, John Mayall.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Recorded between 1966 & 1968. Includes liner notes by John Mayall, Scott Schinder.
This is part of Universal's "Blues Classics" series.
Following Eric Clapton's departure after the magnificent Bluesbreakers album, Mayall plugged the gap with Peter Green. Little did anyone know (except Green) that he would almost equal Clapton in the minds of fans and the cogniscenti. Two instrumentals on this collection, Freddie King's "The Stumble" and Green's "The Super-Natural", clearly demonstrate the clean sound of his Gibson Les Paul. The line-up is completed by bassist John McVie and Aynsley Dunbar on drums. Ex-commercial artist Mayall also designed and painted the cover, which itself is a fine piece of art-work and is probably rotting in some printer's basement, long forgotten. The remastered CD reissue is quite superb.
John Mayall / Eric ClaptonBlues Breakers with Eric Clapton [Deluxe Ed.] (2-CD)
Fleetwood MacThe Original Fleetwood Mac [Columbia Bonus Tracks]
John MayallSo Many Roads: An Anthology 1964-1974 (4-CD Box Set)
$40.69 Super Savings
Blowin' the Blues [Universal Special Products] (CD)(2)
$5.97 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
40 Blue Fingers Freshly Packed & Ready to Serve (CD)
$13.58 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE