Michael Bloomfield Don't Say That I Ain't Your Man: Essential Blues 1964-1969
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Q - 8/94, p.1184 Stars - Excellent - "...A tasty treat for fans of the late, great blues guitarist...both affecionate and appropriate, a fitting testament to Bloomfield's talents..."
Uncut - p.884 stars out of 5 -- "[T]his shows assuredly, he played the blues magnificently....This is truly electrifying."
Record Collector (magazine) - p.884 stars out of 5 -- "While the Fillmore West tracks, with their expanded band line-ups, are the pick of the package, the Super Session version of 'Stop,' as later adopted by Hendrix's Band Of Gypsys, likewise hits the spot."
- 1.I've Got You In The Palm Of My Hand - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Last Night - (previously unreleased)
- 3.Feel So Good - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Goin' Down Slow - (previously unreleased)
- 5.I Got My Mojo Working - (previously unreleased)
- 6.Born In Chicago - (with The Butterfield Blues Band)
- 7.Work Song - (with The Butterfield Blues Band)
- 8.Killing Floor
- 9.Albert's Shuffle
- 11.Mary Ann - (live)
- 12.Don't Throw Your Love On Me So Strong -(live)
- 13.Don't Think About It Baby
- 14.It Takes Time - (live, with Nick Gravenites)
- 15.Carmelita Skiffle - (live)
Personnel includes: Michael Bloomfield (vocals, guitar); Diane Tribuno, The Ace Of Cups (vocals); Michael Melford, Mike Johnson (guitar); Orville Rhodes (steel guitar); Gerald Oshita (tenor & baritone saxophones); Peter Strazza, Ron Stallings (tenor saxophone); Herbie Rich (tenor saxophone, keyboards); Snooky Flowers, Mark Teel (baritone saxophone); Richard Santi (accordion); Marcus Doubleday, John Wilmeth (trumpet); Ira Kamin, Mark Naftalin (piano, organ); Mike Fonfara (piano, keyboards); Brian Friedman (piano); Ron Ruby (organ); Jerome Arnold, Sid Warner (bass); Bob Jones (drums).
Producers include: John Hammond, Bob Morgan, Paul Rothchild, John Court, Al Kooper.
Compilation producer: Bob Irwin.
Includes liner notes by Al Kooper.
This is part of Legacy's ROOTS 'N' BLUES series.
Here's the amazing thing the first five cuts here reveal: Bloomfield, idolized as a walking encyclopedia of Chicago guitar greats from the moment he came to recognition with the Butterfield Blues Band, already had a remarkably developed style when these previously unreleased demos were cut for Columbia in 1964. Oh yes--and he could sing too, though he wouldn't do so on record for another four years, until LIVE ADVENTURES OF MIKE BLOOMFIELD AND AL KOOPER.
This compilation offers an overview of the years when Bloomfield was in the national spotlight, a bona fide guitar hero (and happily, the bias here is towards the blues cuts). Aside from his work with Dylan (on HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED) the touchstones are here: his work with Butterfield and his own adventures as a bandleader (with the Electric Flag). Also included are Bloomfield's let-loose efforts in the studio (SUPER SESSION) and the subsequent live gigs with Kooper (LIVE ADVENTURES...). A few assorted live and studio cuts from 1969 with longtime pals Nick Gravenites, Mark Naftalin, Ira Kamin round things out.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 2,990
- UPC: 886972380223
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Fillmore East: The Lost Concert Tapes 12/13/68 (CD)
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- "A Voyage To..." Series A Voyage To The Sahara And The Middle East (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- "America Worships" Series White As Snow: Songs from the Heart of the Church (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- ? and The Mysterians Question Mark & The Mysterians (New Stereo Recordings) (CD) ~ $11.03 on SALE
I'm Not In Love: The Essential Collection (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. Bubblegum Christmas (CD) ~ $8.43 on SALE