Skeeter Davis Pop Hits Collection
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Connie Francis ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $6.74
- by Lesley Gore ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $6.74
- by Skeeter Davis ~ Blueberry Hill / The End of The World ~ $9.98 (Save 23%)
- by Skeeter Davis ~ The End of the World [Gusto] ~ $5.78
- by Skeeter Davis ~ Essential Skeeter Davis ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Released: August 26, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Taragon
- 1.The End of the World
- 2.Silver Threads and Golden Needles
- 3.Keep Your Hands Off My Baby
- 4.I'm Saving My Love
- 5.I Can't Stay Mad at You
- 6.I Will Follow Him
- 7.My Sweet Loving Man
- 8.Ladder of Success
- 9.Easy to Love (So Hard to Get)
- 10.Gonna Get Along Without You Now
- 11.Let Me Get Close to You
- 12.What Am I Gonna Do With You
- 13.Don't Let Me Stand in Your Way
- 14.I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love With You)
- 15.Sun Glasses
- 16.I Can't See Me Without You
- 17.Don't Anybody Need My Love
- 18.Under the Boardwalk
- 19.A Summer Song
- 20.Remember (Walkin' in the Sand)
- 21.Please Don't Talk to the Lifeguard
- 22.Summer Sunshine
- 23.If I Had Wheels
- 24.What Does It Take (To Keep a Man Like You Satisfied)
Producers: Chet Atkins, Anita Kerr, Felton Jarvis.
Compilation producer: Eliot Goshman.
Recorded between 1962 & 1967. Includes liner notes by Steve Kolanjian.
Liner Note Author: Steve Kolanjian.
Recording information: 06/08/1962-05/01/1967.
Skeeter Davis has had two phases of her career: the first as part of the duo, the Davis Sisters, with Betty Jack Davis (they weren't really sisters, by the way) in the pre-rock & roll era, and the second as a solo Nashville country crossover artist in the 1960s. The Davis Sisters recorded one bona fide classic, "I Forgot More Than You'll Ever Know," which was a huge hit in 1953, and Skeeter mirrored it with a classic of her own in 1963, the weepy and resigned "The End of the World," which features a perfectly measured vocal from Davis, which manages to overcome the pathos inherent in the lyrics. This collection of solo sides reveals the formula Davis followed pretty clearly, merging plaintive country material with injections of big pop hooks, all sweetened with Nashville strings. Try to pick up a compilation that features a selection of Davis Sisters' songs -- in addition to the solo stuff -- to get a complete picture of this intriguing singer. ~ Steve Leggett
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE