Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$5.88 (39% Off)|
- All-New Documentary One Last Deal: A Retrospective
- Commentary by Dr. Todd Boyd, USC Professor and author of "Am I Black Enough for You: Popular Culture from the 'Hood and Beyond"
- Vintage Featurette
- Audio Only Bonus: Curtis Mayfield on "SuperFly"
- Theatrical Trailer
- Widescreen (Anamorphic)
- Audio: English [CC], French
- Subtitles: Spanish, French, English
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 33 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 13, 2004
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Closed Captioned - English
- Mono - English, French
- Subtitles - English, Spanish, French
- Additional Release Material:
- Alternate Audio Tracks: Curtis Mayfield on SUPERFLY
- Audio Commentary: Dr. Todd Boyd - USC Professor of Cinema
- Documentary: ONE LAST DEAL: A RETROSPECTIVE
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- RON O'NEAL ON THE MAKING OF SUPERFLY
- BEHIND THE THREADS
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Ron O'Neal & Carl Lee|
|Performer:||Julius Harris, Charles McGregor, Sheila Frazier, K.C., Sig Shore & Carl Lee|
|Directed by||Gordon Parks, Jr.|
|Edited by||Bob Brady|
|Written by||Phillip Fenty|
|Composition by||Curtis Mayfield|
|Cinematography by||James Signorelli|
|Produced by||Sig Shore|
3 stars out of 5 -- "[With a] glorious, eternal soundtrack album..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Superfly is one of the more enduring streetwise films of its era, due to the dynamic central performance of Ron O'Neal (Red Dawn, Original Gangstas), the sizzling score by Curtis Mayfield and the gritty direction of the late Gordon Parks, Jr. (Three the Hard Way, Aaron Loves Angela). Superfly is super entertainment with an indelible message. It's life on the edge, put together by talents who know just how sharp it can get.
triumvirate. One of the highest-grossing pictures of 1972, SUPERFLY became an instant classic, and established director Gordon Parks firmly in Warner Brothers' sights to make THREE THE HARD WAY in 1974. Parks was one of the first African American directors to get financing from a major Hollywood studio to make the 1969 film THE LEARNING TREE.
Super Fly is a cocaine dealer who begins to realize that his life will soon end with either prison or his death. He decides to build an escape from the life by making his biggest deal yet, converting the coke to cash and running off to start a new life. The problem is that the Mob does not have a retirement plan and will give him a choice of staying and selling for them or dying if they find out his intentions. With a terrific score by Curtis Mayfield and a star wearing threads to match, SUPERFLY is chock full of the sass, flash, and action Blaxploitation is known for.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Copyright 1972 Superfly Ltd.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 78 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 7,392
- UPC: 085392888825
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Blake of Scotland Yard (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Miracle Rider (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.