Alabama The Essential Alabama  (2-CD)
11 copies available
|You Save:||$1.13 (8% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by The Oak Ridge Boys ~ The Definitive Collection ~ $9.89
- by Alabama ~ In The Mood - Love Songs ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Alabama ~ Livin' Lovin' Rockin' Rollin': The 25th Anniversary Collection (3-CD) ~ $35.98
- by Alabama ~ Ultimate 20 #1 Hits ~ $6.30
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 17, 2005
- Label: RCA
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Five O'Clock 500 - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Keepin' Up - (previously unreleased)
- 3.How Do You Fall in Love - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Tennessee River
- 5.Why Lady Why
- 6.Old Flame
- 7.Feels So Right
- 8.Love in the First Degree
- 9.Mountain Music
- 10.Take Me Down
- 11.Close Enough to Perfect
- 12.Dixieland Delight
- 13.The Closer You Get
- 14.Lady Down on Love
- 15.Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler)
- 16.When We Make Love
- 17.If You're Gonna Play in Texas (You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band)
- 18.(There's A) Fire in the Night
- 19.There's No Way
- 20.Forty Hour Week (For a Livin')
- 21.Can't Keep a Good Man Down
- 22.She and I
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Touch Me When We're Dancing
- 2.You've Got the Touch
- 3.Face to Face
- 4.Fallin' Again
- 5.Song of the South
- 6.If I Had You
- 7.High Cotton
- 8.Southern Star
- 9.Jukebox in My Mind
- 10.Forever's as Far as I'll Go
- 11.Down Home
- 12.Here We Are
- 13.Then Again
- 14.Born Country
- 15.I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why)
- 16.Once Upon a Lifetime
- 17.Hometown Honeymoon
- 19.Give Me One More Shot
- 20.She Ain't Your Ordinary Girl
- 21.In Pictures
- 22.Sad Lookin' Moon
Composer: Steve Dorff .
Alabama: Jeff Cook (vocals, guitar, fiddle); Theodore Gentry (bass guitar); Mark Herndon, Randy Owen.
Personnel: Randy Owen (vocals, background vocals); Don Cook, Theodore Gentry (vocals); Mark Casstevens (acoustic guitar); Brent Mason (electric guitar, electric 12-string guitar); Larry Franklin (fiddle); John Barlow Jarvis (piano); Steve Nathan (keyboards); Lonnie Wilson, Mark Herndon (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Brent Mason (electric 6-string guitar, gut-string guitar); John Barlow Jarvis (Hammond b-3 organ); Don Cook, Larry Franklin, Lonnie Wilson, Mark Casstevens, Steve Nathan.
Audio Mixer: Mike Bradley.
Recording information: Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (03/28/1980-10/03/1996); Soundshop Studio "A", Nashville, TN (03/28/1980-10/03/1996).
Photographers: Peter Nash ; Greg Gorman; Se¤or McGuire; Dean Dixon .
RCA/Legacy's 2005 double-disc release Essential Alabama should not be confused with RCA's 1998 single-disc release The Essential Alabama, which may have had the same title but boasted a different track listing. However, the 2005 Essential Alabama should be confused with the 1998 double-disc set For the Record: 41 Number One Hits, since it has the same track listing as that album. At least the back cover of Essential acknowledges that it was "formerly available" as For the Record, so most fans will likely not be duped into buying the same album a second time. For the rest of us, Essential Alabama keeps everything good about For the Record: 41 Number One Hits and eliminates its one flaw: the misleading subtitle that claimed all of the songs on the album hit number one, which was not true (it also implied that the album had 41 songs when it really had 44). Which means that Essential Alabama is now the definitive Alabama collection, containing every one of their big hits -- including such contemporary classics as "Tennessee River," "Mountain Music," "The Closer You Get," "Forty Hour Week (For a Livin')," "Jukebox on My Mind," and "Down Home" -- in one concise, entertaining package. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY