Hank Williams Beyond the Sunset
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.41 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.58 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 27, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- 1.Pictures From Life's Other Side
- 2.Men With Broken Hearts
- 3.Help Me Understand
- 4.Too Many Parties and Too Many Pals
- 5.Please Make up Your Mind
- 6.I've Been Down That Road Before
- 7.Be Careful of Stones That You Throw
- 8.I Dreamed About Mama Last Night
- 9.The Funeral
- 10.Beyond the Sunset
- 11.Just Waitin'
- 12.Everything's Okay
- 13.No, No Joe - (bonus track)
- 14.Ramblin' Man - (bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Compilation producers: Colin Escott, Kira Florita.
Recorded between 1950 & 1952. Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
Digitally remastered by Suha Gur (Universal Mastering Studios East).
BEYOND THE SUNSET collects all the recordings Hank Williams made as his artistic (and on some level psychological) alter ego Luke the Drifter on one disc. Mostly, these are recitations rather than songs (although the edgy, minor-key "Ramblin' Man" is sung) and with a few exceptions, like the funny, anti-Stalin "No, No Joe," they're either unrelentingly bleak and despairing ("Men With Broken Hearts") or else cautionary tales ("I've Been Down That Road Before") presenting the sort of hard-won advice that Williams could dish out but not really take. Highlights include the now hopelessly politically incorrect but nonetheless heartfelt "The Funeral," and "Too Many Parties," a depressing one-act morality play co-written, oddly enough, by the same up-beat Tin Pan Alley denizen responsible for "I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover."
Down the Tracks: The Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)(3)
$4.98 on SALE
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(2)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 28 ratings.
Based on 28 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Rodney Crowell But What Will The Neighbors Think / Rodney Crowell (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Chet Atkins Chet Atkins And His Guitar / The Guitar Genius (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Waylon Jennings The One And Only / Heartaches By The Numbers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash The Singing Storyteller / The Rough Cut King of Country Music (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE