Hank Williams Greatest Hits
Only 10 copies left
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$9.72 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.26 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 17, 1990
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Mercury Nashville
- 1.Your Cheatin' Heart
- 2.Move It On Over
- 3.I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- 4.Ramblin' Man
- 5.My Heart Would Know
- 7.Cold, Cold Heart
- 8.Lovesick Blues
- 9.Honky Tonk Blues
- 10.Honky Tonkin'
- 11.There'll Be No Teardrops Tonight
- 12.Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
- 13.Hey Good Lookin'
- 14.Window Shopping
- 15.I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You)
- 16.Half As Much
- 17.Why Don't You Love Me
- 18.You Win Again
- 19.Baby, We're Really In Love
- 20.Take These Chains From My Heart
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Principally recorded at Castle Studio, Tulane Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee between 1947 & 1952.
Digitally remastered by Andrew Nicholas.
Liner Note Author: Jerry Rivers.
Recording information: Castle Studios, Tulane Hotel, Nashville, TN (02/13/1947-09/23/1952); Herzog Studios, Cincinnati, OH (02/13/1947-09/23/1952).
Photographer: Beth Odle.
With his very first hit "Move It On Over," Hank Williams Sr. established himself both as a powerful personality and as a songwriter with a unique gift for both hooky melodies and unforgettable turns of phrase. Williams cranked out numerous other classics over the next five years, revealing in the process a particular gift for heart-wrenching ballads of lost love and broken hearts. He was unquestionably country's biggest star when he died at the age of 29, a victim to drug and alcohol abuse. Other megastars of the era--Webb Pierce, for example--are remembered only by hardcore country fans, but Williams remains a mainstream favorite, a testament to both his emotive singing and his many gifts as a songwriter.
20 GREATEST HITS distills Hank Williams' forty chart singles to a single disc of his most familiar and most enduring music. These tracks reveal Williams to be a master not only of the heartbreak ballad but also of the joyful, upbeat dance tune (with such classics as "Jambalaya," and "Hey, Good Lookin'"). Those looking for a more thorough collection of Williams hits should consider 40 GREATEST HITS.
Hank Williams20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
$5.39 CYBER WEEK
Down the Tracks: Music That Influenced Bob Dylan (DVD)
$3.98 CYBER WEEK
Country & Western, Volume 2 [German Import] (10-CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 34 ratings.
Based on 34 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
25 All-Time Greatest Recordings: The 4-Star Sessions... (CD)
$16.18 CYBER WEEK
- Aerosmith Devil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith (CD) ~ $5.97 CYBER WEEK
- Arthur Alexander The Greatest (CD) ~ $12.35 CYBER WEEK
- Mose Allison Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $10.56 CYBER WEEK
- Bangles The Greatest Hits (DVD) ~ $10.78 CYBER WEEK
- Blue Collar Comedy Tour The Best Of Blue Collar Comedy (2-CD) ~ $12.58 CYBER WEEK
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Charlie Rich Early Years / The Memphis Sound (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER WEEK