- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 28, 2008
- Originally Released: 1978
- Label: Synapse Films
Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Packaging: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono - English, French, Spanish
Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - Richard Franklin, Director
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
Performers, Cast and Crew:
After violently murdering his mother and her lover, a comatose patient named Patrick uses his psychokinetic powers to terrorize the staff of the hospital in which he is confined. When a pretty young nurse, just separated from her husband, begins working at the hospital, she senses that Patrick is trying to communicate with her, while others are being killed in the cruelest ways. What is Patrick's secret' An incredibly creepy ending helped to insure this film its cult classic status.
Description by Ryko Distribution:
After violently murdering his mother and her lover, Patrick lays comatose in a private hospital. When a pretty young nurse begins working at the hospital, Patrick tries communicating with her, while others in her life are being hurt and killed in mysterious ways. PATRICK is a classic supernatural thriller from Australia; directed with amazing style by Richard Franklin (F/X 2, PSYCHO II), this unsettling film of telekinetic terror "- would give CARRIE a run for her money." (TV GUIDE). The DVD contains a new, anamorphic transfer of the original uncut Australian version in widescreen and digital sound.
Psychic Forces |
Theatrical Release |
- Made in association with the AFC and the Victorian Film Corporation.
- Shot in Melbourne, Australia in late 1977. Distributed in Australia by Filmways Australia.
- Released theatrically in Australia October 1, 1978.